Light-O-Rama Forums

Interactive with CTB16-PC

joe3502

Last year, I had an interactive stand where when someone would press a button, it would stop the show and each button would light up a section of the yard. I ran an InputPup on Aux A and everything else on the regular enhanced network. This year, I need to do without the InputPup because I am switching to the MP3 director, but for right now I am just running on computer to make sure everything is working before I transfer to the director. I am now using the inputs on my CTB16-PC to do this. Now, the buttons do not work at all. It doesn't even register a press in the Control Panel. Is this because I am running the CTB16-PC on enhanced? I know you can't run an InputPup on enhanced...Also, do the triggers have to be on a different network or can they be on the same network?

Correct, you can't read inputs on an Enhanced network.  The reason for this is because an Enhanced Network operates exclusively as a one way (from computer or director to the controllers) network.

Ok thank you for clarifying that for me. I have seperated the AC controllers onto the regular network, and put the pixel controllers on enhanced. Will interactive buttons still work on a director? It says in the manual that it can, but only discusses a triggered show. 

I know nothing of directors - I've never even seen one.  I do use interactive every day in my year round landscape lighting, but I always run my shows via a computer.

Ok. Thank you again for the clarification. I appreciate you getting back to me this evening. 73 Jim de KC3LMP