Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Network with Dumb RGB and Pixie

HappyMommy

Ok I’m at my wits end here and I’m sure this is an easy fix but...

I have always ran a network that was 3 standard LOR boxes, and 2-3 dumb RGB cards (CMB24D). I have the RBG cards first and then the LOR boxes. It’s always worked fine. This year we’ve added a Pixie2 to the mix. I thought, from what I saw on the site, that I’d just have to put the Pixie last so, I have it’s address set to the last in sequence and I have it plugged in from the last LOR box in the network. 

So: 3 CMB24D, 3 standard LOR, and then the Pixie2. But, the hardware utility only sees the first 6 and not the pixie. What am I doing wrong?

First the physical order of boxes is not required.

A Pixie 2 uses 2 addresses You set the Base, it uses the next one.

Be sure the number in the upper RIGHT corner of HU is above 08 (pick 10 for a few spares)

<slap> Pixie2 .  Have you updated your  LOR_deviceFile.text  (get it from the LOR downloads page). 4.3 may not have that defined

20 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

First the physical order of boxes is not required.

A Pixie 2 uses 2 addresses You set the Base, it uses the next one.

Be sure the number in the upper RIGHT corner of HU is above 08 (pick 10 for a few spares)

<slap> Pixie2 .  Have you updated your  LOR_deviceFile.text  (get it from the LOR downloads page). 4.3 may not have that defined

Ok, I posted a reply but for some reason my phone turned it into a new thread. I’m having a bad tech day. LOL

Short version: I see the tree if it’s by itself so I am fairly sure it’s not the device file. Maybe? I’ll check. And yes, when I mentioned above that the tree is last sequentially I meant it has the highest Unit ID (20) on the network. 

• The topic was locked