Light-O-Rama Forums

how do i change units in sequencer

glossyhalothane

Didn’t you revert back to S4?

If you convert them as we did yesterday on the phone in S4 and when you go back to S5 after the holiday won’t they now be on S5 in the correct unit ids you want them?

Instead of importing the purchased version- import the new version we created with your channel config.

Maybe an actual S5 user will step in but that would seem logical from what I have been reading.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Channel config is done in the Preview is S5. If you are converting an LMS sequence by opening it in S5 you will be offered several options to convert it. One option, the one I used, is to import your S4 Visualizer file to do the conversion.

You will need a good visualizer which matches your sequence exactly.

The end of November is WAY to late to convert to S5

19 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Channel config is done in the Preview is S5. If you are converting an LMS sequence by opening it in S5 you will be offered several options to convert it. One option, the one I used, is to import your S4 Visualizer file to do the conversion.

You will need a good visualizer which matches your sequence exactly.

The end of November is WAY to late to convert to S5

Phil

He had originally purchased the editable sequences from LOR. LOR set at least one of them up with a unit ID for pixels that was 7 or 8. The OP had lights because it was sharing off unit 1 was my best guess. Since the OP was not fluent enough in S5 I told him he'd be up and running faster in S4 and after the holidays he could get more familiar with S5. He did downgrade and it took what seemed forever to get HU to pick up that pixie8. That was the first time that it has taken me more than a couple minutes to get any pixie recognized and set up. Not being on scene doesn't help and after over an hour it was finally recognized in HU.

Before we finished our conversation the OP had his tree and all controllers working, In S4 I built him a Master Channel Config and taught him how to use it. I also instructed him that he would have to have a good vis and the Maser Config would help him when he gets ready to migrate. 

He's gonna get more and more confused trying to use both S4/S5 now.

OP as we discussed IMO and from what you saw S4 is easier "at this point in time, very late in the season". Just stick out a little over a month and then start learning S5. Where a lot of people go wrong. They start now, they don't get their feet wet. They run the show through a holiday and then do not touch it again until the next holiday season. Then they start right back here with the same stress level trying to figure it all out. This should be well figured out before Aug/ Sept in my opinion.

What you should be doing to get ready for S5 is taking the purchased sequences and copying them in to your S4 Master Config, learn how to use the Visualization in S4 to make a vis for you. Or ask me after the holidays and I will help you make a viz. With only 3 units , its a breeze. And then after the holidays as my friend Phil says import that vis into S5 preview.

It was great talking to you and getting your lights up and running. 

Phil - I learned a lot about S5 with another member from KY last night. Starting to feel better about toying with it next year. I discovered I can sequence faces the JR way. He showed me one of my sequences, imported my animation and we found how to set my 0.05 working grid. All hope is not lost.

JR

Edited by dibblejr