Light-O-Rama Forums

how do i change units in sequencer

glossyhalothane

I have a sequence i bought from LOR, when i put in my showtime everything plays except the pixel tree.   looking on the sequence it has a tree in it but its on unit 7.   is this the problem?   the pixie unit 8 in my yard is set as 3,  how do I change the 7 to 3 within the sequencer....  if learn  how to do this I set. 

thankyou matt

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CMcDPWr3EXdw2Co8G9e0CTsyWTHfPjcj

The LOR 16x25 tree uses a Pixie8 controller and a Pixie8 uses eight Unit ID's not one. By looking at your profile you have a Standard license and a Standard license only allows eight Unit ID,s. You need to upgrade your license to run the tree.

sorry I just updated my profile,, i  DO have pro.  so  how do i get the sequencer to read my pixie 8  when put it on the sd card everything ran but the pix tree  :(  IN my picture that i linked you can see the sequence came with it on unit ID 7 but  in real life my pixie unite is ID 3

24 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

The LOR 16x25 tree uses a Pixie8 controller and a Pixie8 uses eight Unit ID's not one. By looking at your profile you have a Standard license and a Standard license only allows eight Unit ID,s. You need to upgrade your license to run the tree.

The pixie8 also requires Enhanced NW so need Pro license.

Thats the problem with using cell I can only assume since people are buying this stuff the understand the license requirements.

JR

JR I do  have pro level,,,   I bought this sequence which has the tree on unit 7,  its the only thing not running    do i need to change 7 to 3 which my pixi8 is actually 3?

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

The pixie8 also requires Enhanced NW so need Pro license.

Thats the problem with using cell I can only assume since people are buying this stuff the understand the license requirements.

JR

in fact I bought 10 of these sequences from LOR  so I really need to learn how to go in and make sure the tree works

3 minutes ago, glossyhalothane said:

sorry I just updated my profile,, i  DO have pro.  so  how do i get the sequencer to read my pixie 8  when put it on the sd card everything ran but the pix tree  :(  IN my picture that i linked you can see the sequence came with it on unit ID 7 but  in real life my pixie unite is ID 3

Actually your Pixie8 would be 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0A.

4 minutes ago, glossyhalothane said:

Have you looked at my pixie16 config writeup and video?

they all work the same.

Go to

Browse - left corner

General Hardware

top of page

JR

so are you saying i need to bring the contorller in the house and move it down to some unit further down the list so it doens't interfere with the other units

1 minute ago, glossyhalothane said:

so are you saying i need to bring the contorller in the house and move it down to some unit further down the list so it doens't interfere with the other units

If you have any other controllers using these ID's, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0A, then you need to change the Pixie controller so it can use eight ID's without any interference from other controllers.

1 minute ago, glossyhalothane said:

No, unless you used the dip switches to set the unit ID.

If youusec HU no need to touch the controller

Im gonna send you my number to call.

I am setting up

si I can talk you through as I go

JR

5 hours ago, glossyhalothane said:

I have a sequence i bought from LOR, when i put in my showtime everything plays except the pixel tree.   looking on the sequence it has a tree in it but its on unit 7.   is this the problem?   the pixie unit 8 in my yard is set as 3,  how do I change the 7 to 3 within the sequencer....  if learn  how to do this I set. 

thankyou matt

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CMcDPWr3EXdw2Co8G9e0CTsyWTHfPjcj

One thing NO ONE has thought to ask, you say you bought these sequences from LOR, now did you buy LOCKED or did you buy EDITABLE Sequences?   If you DID NOT buy EDITABLE sequences, then I do not believe you will be able to EDIT the sequences to change your channel ID units or anything else in those sequences. 

Because if you bought the cheaper {LOCKED} sequences, they ARE NOT Editable and you would have to change your tree to use the defaults in the UNEDITABLE/LOCKED Sequences.  Only other way around that is, you'd now need to buy the EDITABLE sequences so you can change things around to match your display configuration.

This is why I tell folks, ALWAYS buy the EDITABLE sequences, otherwise, issues like this arise constantly and the end user wonders how to change them and can't, because they're LOCKED.  Always spend the extra little $$ and buy editable sequences, then you can avoid a lot of headaches and grief.

What Orville said is why I always recommend  Advanced and Pro users use the LOR channel mapping  when possible.

Unfortunately, the other (lower) levels are sequential.  (but if you do have those, they will all be DUMB channel ID's and can be easily remapped in the SE

Tools: Channel Configuration: <buttons at the bottom> allow you to move the controller ID and Network with a couple of clicks.

Pixies can be done there, but a bit more pain as they need to be done by Port ID (even though doing 1 by itself would be invalid UNLESS you are moving JUST that PORTs usage to a different controller)

4 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

What Orville said is why I always recommend  Advanced and Pro users use the LOR channel mapping  when possible.

Unfortunately, the other (lower) levels are sequential.  (but if you do have those, they will all be DUMB channel ID's and can be easily remapped in the SE

Tools: Channel Configuration: <buttons at the bottom> allow you to move the controller ID and Network with a couple of clicks.

Pixies can be done there, but a bit more pain as they need to be done by Port ID (even though doing 1 by itself would be invalid UNLESS you are moving JUST that PORTs usage to a different controller)

I've never seen a "Channel mapping" option in the SE, where is this, and how do you use it?

I may be doing things the hard way, since I have never used this, and I couldn't find anything c alled Channel Mapping in the SE {Pro S4.4.4}.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Orville said:

I've never seen a "Channel mapping" option in the SE, where is this, and how do you use it?

I may be doing things the hard way, since I have never used this, and I couldn't find anything c alled Channel Mapping in the SE {Pro S4.4.4}.

Thanks.

Tools: Channel Configuration: <buttons at the bottom>

Add Controller,  Change controller,  Add channels

3 clicks and your whole controller sequence is on a New UNIT ID and or network (and maybe a new device)

3 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Tools: Channel Configuration: <buttons at the bottom>

Add Controller,  Change controller,  Add channels

3 clicks and your whole controller sequence is on a New UNIT ID and or network (and maybe a new device)

Well I never heard it called Channel Mapping, but I have used that a LOT to do just that.   Now I know it by another name. :)

Thank you for clearing that up! :D

Edited by Orville

9 hours ago, DougP said:

JR, Trying to send you a PM and it will not go thru.

Let me clean it 3rd time this week - full

Thanks for the note

JR

• Like 1