Light-O-Rama Forums

Reverting Back to S4

mdeutch

When I reverted back to S4 from S5 due to issues with migration that were not there over the past 5 years, I receive the following error.

Ideas?

image.png

I failed to mention, this is related to the Pixel editor only.  everything else works as expected. It happens when I simply open PE or attempt to open a .lpe.

Here are some things that occur to me.

If these are your original S4 files and not the ones created by S5 when you upgraded, it may be an error or a corrupted file. Do you have backups. 

S5 does not change the original S4 files, but creates the new S5 format files and should leave the old files alone. Did you delete  any S4 files or folders from your LOR folder Before or after you upgraded.

Did you uninstall S5 or just run the S4 installer.Either way there may be some debris left behind.

To revert you need to do the following, if you did not do it this way.

Uninstall S5, if it is still showing up. Uninstall S4 anyway even if it is the only version you see.

Delete the LOR folder in c:\Program Files (x86)

Reboot

Reinstall S4. You might want to run LORpost.exe to make sure S4 is pointed to your LOR folder.

None of this should affect your data files but you never know, so make a copy first.

Good luck.

Correct, I uninstalled 5, rebooted then installed 4.  All files were backup in two separate locations.  (Been there, lost that...)!!

Thanks for the suggestion in x86 part and I'll give it a go! 

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Delete the LOR folder in c:\Program Files (x86)

Note that depending on your Windows installation (32 bit vs 64 bit), that may be the Light-O-Rama folder in "C:\Program Files" as opposed to "C:\Program Files (x86)"

The LOR uninstaller does leave some leftovers around so that is often the problem.  If that does fix the problem, the next step is the LOR Registry Wipe - but that is USUALLY not needed.

I uninstalled S4 and everytime I try to delete the LOR folder in 😄 program files x86, it tells me that it cant be completed because the folder or a file is opening another program.  It says to close folder and try again. I'm lost! HELP!

I finally got it to close by rebooting between uninstalling S4 and deleting the LOR file in x86. Not only did it get rid of the error message,  but got my preview props all back. Thank you all!

1 hour ago, Mr Christmas said:

It keeps trying to relaunch  comm listener. 

You had the LOR control panel running.

I actually rebooted after removing S5 and S4 and it cleared on the restart so I could remove the files. When I reloaded S4, all my props were back. Thanks.