Light-O-Rama Forums

Added controller to the chain isn't responding

rrmusicman

I've been told my current software will handle up to (6) controllers. My show director was using (4) controllers last year and I'm trying to add a 5th one but using only 8 of the 16 channels. In Hardware Utility, I configured the new controller, labeled it unit # 05, max. units is at 9. It powers up. Green light blinks. Connected to my computer, the green light goes solid. Go to Advance Configuration. Run the manual tests. All 8 channels of lights work fine. Then, I connect it to controller #4 with CAT5 cable to add it to the chain. The green light goes solid again like it should, but when I start the director, the first (4) controller lights are working fine, but the new controller #5 lights don't come on. It's like the program isn't recognizing the 5th controller? I'm still a rookie at all of this. What am I missing?  Thank you……….Jeff     

Connect the controller by itself and double check the Unit ID. Sometimes the ID doesn't take and it reverts back to 01 and that is why the light goes solid as it sees two 01's.

Edited by Mr. P

38 minutes ago, Brian Mitchell said:

Did you set up the new channels with the correct configuration in your sequences?

I don't recall going into the Sequencing utility to set up any channels when I assigned the first 4 controllers last year and connected them? I'm using the pre-programmed TSO sequences from LOR. I'm a newbie at all of this and trying to learn as I go.  

After looking at the TSO package it looks like controller 05 is allocated but not used so if you didn't put any sequencing in those channels then there will be no lights.

Controller ID 05: Optional.  16 electrical channels.  Used as accents to Controller ID 01.  
Groupings: two groups of eight.  
Software: ShowTime Sequencing Suite Standard level required to use this controller.

• channels 1-8: allocated but not used
  • channels 9-16: allocated but not used

4 hours ago, rrmusicman said:

I've been told my current software will handle up to (6) controllers.

Just as an FYI, assuming your profile is correct, your standard level license will allow controllers with Unit IDs from 01 - 08 - so eight, not six.

On 11/10/2019 at 4:44 PM, Mr. P said:

After looking at the TSO package it looks like controller 05 is allocated but not used so if you didn't put any sequencing in those channels then there will be no lights.

Controller ID 05: Optional.  16 electrical channels.  Used as accents to Controller ID 01.  
Groupings: two groups of eight.  
Software: ShowTime Sequencing Suite Standard level required to use this controller.

• channels 1-8: allocated but not used
  • channels 9-16: allocated but not used

I have a 5 seat license for Light-O-Rama Standard with SuperStar Demo. The license is good through version 5.6. On a re-writeable SanDisk, I have (8) sequences with (8) songs. Do you have to edit each sequence and somehow get it to include the use of the 5th controller?   

5 minutes ago, rrmusicman said:

I have a 5 seat license for Light-O-Rama Standard with SuperStar Demo. The license is good through version 5.6. On a re-writeable SanDisk, I have (8) sequences with (8) songs. Do you have to edit each sequence and somehow get it to include the use of the 5th controller?   

Yes, you will need to add sequencing to the 5th controller yourself. However, you first need to check if you purchased the Ready To Go version of the TSO package which you cannot modify or the version that you can modify.

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Yes, you will need to add sequencing to the 5th controller yourself. However, you first need to check if you purchased the Ready To Go version of the TSO package which you cannot modify or the version that you can modify.

I did get the one that can be modified. So, I have to modify the sequences on the songs I'm going to use, then copy those onto my show disc?

Since the sequences apparently don't use 05 or 06, what if I just assign the 5th controller unit "07" instead of "05"?

3 minutes ago, rrmusicman said:

I did get the one that can be modified. So, I have to modify the sequences on the songs I'm going to use, then copy those onto my show disc?

Since the sequences apparently don't use 05 or 06, what if I just assign the 5th controller unit "07" instead of "05"?

Yes, if you want sequencing on 05.

Controller 07 in the package is setup for dumb RGB so there will be RGB channels in the sequencing.