Light-O-Rama Forums

matrix board/ light o rama

CRMSNRD

idk, I guess because that's the starting channel that's what it named it.  after 100 pixels it goes to a3a, then a3b etc

A39 is that the universe number ?    The sequence your copying and pasting from only has 24 lines right ?    Do you know how to group the channels so you have 24 lines also.  Not expanded like you have them 

Since it's being used in LOR mode I take it you assigned Unit ID 39 for Port 1? If that is the case then the other ports follow in Hex order.

I also assume you have enhanced mode checked as that is mandatory for a Pixcon16.

Edited by Mr. P

this is what im copying from.  all I did was expand my controller and expand his and then copy and paste 100 channels at a time.  no idea what you mean by grouping them

Capture.PNG

Is the Pixcon16 ion a enhanced network? Check you network Config to ensure enhanced is activated.

Edited by Mr. P

CRMSNRD     ok you have to group the channels so it matches the sequence your copying from (24 lines)    on your channel layout for the pixcon in the sequence editor  click on pixcon port 1 to expand   now right click on pixel 01.1     pop up window select convert to group      now first in group 01.1  last in group 01.50 click on create group pop up window cosmic color device select no its not click ok   now click on pixel 01.51 and add create group due this till you end up with 24 strings .

Channel groups doesn't matter as long as they have the same amount of channels. Having the same amount of groups would alleviate confusion but that is all. The op needs to remember that each CCR group has 50 pixels or 150 channels and each DMX group will have 100 pixels or 300 channels. When pasting they need to remember that CCR groups 1 & 2 will paste into DMX group 1, CCR groups 3 & 4 will paste into DMX group 2 and so on. If the op expands all groups in the CCR version and the DMX version they should have the exact same amount of channels regardless of the groups.

That's what I figured so I did it the opposite way.  I expanded both and just turned 2 of his channels into 1 of mine

Mr p your right however there is less chance of making a mistake copying and pasting 24 lines verses 1200 lines .

On 11/6/2019 at 12:33 PM, k6ccc said:

In January, yes - NOT NOW!  Too big of a learning curve to make that switch right before show season.  However I would recommend that you upgrade to S5 in January.  That way you have many months to learn the new software.

I learned S-5 in two weeks. If your a long time LOR user, then it's not that difficult. I got the, "You can't learn that NOW!" thing too. Challenge me will ya 🙂

The key to S-5 is the preview. If you have a second PC, load S-5 on that and transfer some of your S-4 sequences and play with them. 

In S-4 you could get away without the visualizer, but not in S-5, it runs the show. Your channel config is gone, and the preview is the end game. Take a pic of your house, put in preview and go from there. The sequencing is basically the same.

• This topic was locked, unlocked and locked