Light-O-Rama Forums

Active X problem with S2

Bryan K

I seem to be suffering from the same ActiveX issue as well,. Fresh install on a PC that has been connected to the internet and has all MS updates,.. I've tried re-installing with a registry wipe as well to no avail,.

I'm running WinXP Pro SP3,. 4 controllers showing up tomorrow and I'm DOA,.

Ideas ?

And much thanks in advance

Percy

ActiveX issues are almost always due to something being misinstalled. This could be LOR itself, but it could be something that LOR requires, such as a Windows DLL.

If you've already tried Windows Update, and you're sure you've installed everything it lists (and please note that installing some things might cause it to start listing other things, so always tell it to check for updates again after it finishes), and you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling LOR, a few other things to try would be the following (make sure to stop all running programs, especially LOR programs, before trying any of them):

(1) Install the latest Windows Media Player that is applicable to your operating system. Do this even if you already have the latest installed; sometimes reinstalling it clears up strange problems.

(2) Try the "msxml" suggestion mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

(3) In Add/Remove Programs, try a "repair" rather than uninstalling and reinstalling.

What version of LOR are you using? Does the Verifier show anything? When exactly does the ActiveX error occur?

bob wrote:

ActiveX issues are almost always due to something being misinstalled.  This could be LOR itself, but it could be something that LOR requires, such as a Windows DLL.

If you've already tried Windows Update, and you're sure you've installed everything it lists (and please note that installing some things might cause it to start listing other things, so always tell it to check for updates again after it finishes), and you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling LOR, a few other things to try would be the following (make sure to stop all running programs, especially LOR programs, before trying any of them):

(1) Install the latest Windows Media Player that is applicable to your operating system.  Do this even if you already have the latest installed; sometimes reinstalling it clears up strange problems.

(2) Try the "msxml" suggestion mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

(3) In Add/Remove Programs, try a "repair" rather than uninstalling and reinstalling.

What version of LOR are you using? Does the Verifier show anything? When exactly does the ActiveX error occur?

Sorry just getting back in from a day on the road,.

I'll double check the updates tonight,. I've done the MSXML already,. so I'll check the media player too,.

I have the latest version S3?,. just bought it last week have the full suite(advanced ?)

Thanks for the pointers,. any insight is helpful, as I now have the USB controller in hand that I had next day aired to get these lights up before the wife's party this weekend ! ;-)

PG

Just for the benefit of anyone who may find this thread in the future: pgendreau discovered that the Windows DLL "scrrun.dll" was not registered. So, if you're having a similar problem in the future, you may want to try re-registering it, via the following:

Close running programs, including the Sequence Editor. Open up a command prompt window (if you're using an operating system where you can "run as administrator", do that).

Type the following two lines:

cd windowssystem32

regsvr32 scrrun.dll

It should then tell you "DllRegisterServer in scrrun.dll succeeded."

A couple things to note about those two lines to type:

(1) The slashes are backslashes (""), not forward slashes ("/").

(2) There's a space on the first line after "cd".

(3) There's a space on the second line after "regsvr32".

(4) There are no other spaces anywhere on either line.