Light-O-Rama Forums

Should I update this controller to match the others

Joshb

2 minutes ago, Joshb said:

http://store.lightorama.com/tsoshcestpa.html

I think I did that right. Sorry Mr. P, I didn't mean to sound hateful, it's hard to set the tone in writing. 

That’s better, I didn’t know they offered that.

That give you a sequence with RGB props as well.

In order for your lights to work properly you probably have to either create your own channel config or a sign your AC controllers the same u it ids as the written AC controllers have.

JR

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

That’s better, I didn’t know they offered that.

That give you a sequence with RGB props as well.

In order for your lights to work properly you probably have to either create your own channel config or a sign your AC controllers the same u it ids as the written AC controllers have.

JR

I'm guessing so if you buy them, I didn't, just the startup kit.

2 minutes ago, Joshb said:

I'm guessing so if you buy them, I didn't, just the startup kit.

No, the sequence includes those prop (coding).

You have to purchase the other props in the drop down.

I believe it’s a new user terminology error.

You’ll get the hang of the terminology pretty soon.

JR

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

No, the sequence includes those prop (coding).

You have to purchase the other props in the drop down.

I believe it’s a new user terminology error.

You’ll get the hang of the terminology pretty soon.

JR

Yeah, I'm pretty lost with anything past LED or this stuff so far. I'm going to attempt to hook up other gen3 boxes from a friend later this evening to see if it works or not.

51 minutes ago, Joshb said:

http://store.lightorama.com/tsoshcestpa.html

I think I did that right. Sorry Mr. P, I didn't mean to sound hateful, it's hard to set the tone in writing. 

No problem, it's just that our answers to your questions are based on what you are working with. The more info we have the better answer we can give. One question can have a dozen different answers based on software, license, and equipment.

• Like 1

Ok, I hooked up 2 other Gen3 controllers, played the program and they don't light up the lights at all. When I searched for them on the network, the new box came up with version 1.09 while the other two came up version 1.06. I looked at the firmware updates and none of them seemed to correspond to the controller numbers CTB16PCG3 - V5. I'm officially lost.

11 minutes ago, Joshb said:

Ok, I hooked up 2 other Gen3 controllers, played the program and they don't light up the lights at all. When I searched for them on the network, the new box came up with version 1.09 while the other two came up version 1.06. I looked at the firmware updates and none of them seemed to correspond to the controller numbers CTB16PCG3 - V5. I'm officially lost.

Go to http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/  scroll all the way down to Light Controllers Residential Series

CTB16PCG3-V1.09 firmware  is what you want.

Before updating

Did you properly configure the Network

Did you properly set the Unit ID's

Did you copy paste into your own sequence or are you trying to use the purchased one?

They are key questions to a properly configured sequence prior to updating firmware, That should be the last step if everything else is correct but fail. I am thinking everything else is not set up correctly.

Originally I thought you said you had 1 Gen 3 and the others were Gen2.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Yes, that was the case, I picked up 3 more gen 3's off a buddy. I still have to assemble one. But I did search the network, it picked up all 3 units after individually searching them and changing ID's (1 box at a time). 

With the sequences, they're on the sd card, just plug and play. I know nothing about the sequencing stuff, not yet anyway. I didn't want to jump into that for a couple years until I play with it for a while. I'm just messing with the LOR hardware all this time.

The only firmware remotely close that I see is CTB16PC_V4-32.lhx  OR

CTB16Pg3-V1_08.lhx

I'm not messing with any firmware until I know for sure sure.

16 minutes ago, Joshb said:

Yes, that was the case, I picked up 3 more gen 3's off a buddy. I still have to assemble one. But I did search the network, it picked up all 3 units after individually searching them and changing ID's (1 box at a time). 

With the sequences, they're on the sd card, just plug and play. I know nothing about the sequencing stuff, not yet anyway. I didn't want to jump into that for a couple years until I play with it for a while. I'm just messing with the LOR hardware all this time.

The only firmware remotely close that I see is CTB16PC_V4-32.lhx  OR

CTB16Pg3-V1_08.lhx

I'm not messing with any firmware until I know for sure sure.

If after testing you need firmware update - look for the exact one I posted above. That will be what you need , if you need it. (The CTBPC_V4 you ref is not your Gen3 controllers) that is Gen1/2

Did you purchase the unlocked sequence?

Before a sequence will play and control your lights the network and controllers need to be configured to that sequence or you need to create your own "channel config" (template) and be able to copy from the purchased sequence to your Channel config.

Still need a lot more info on your sequence! If its not unlocked you will need to set your unit ID's and  network to match that sd card. Lets hoe you purchased the unlocked version.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked