Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug Report PM02. Show Player processes all files and updates playback files every time it restarts even if the base files have NOT changed.

PhilMassey

Phil,

For the test above I used 20 sequences. Of those, 5 are fairly large sequences at least in terms of loading (to edit) and re-calculating intensities while editing. Most are heavily populated with SS effect and Motion Effect both what available on the menus and animated gifs. 

I have never seen the "de-caching" active in running Show Editor. I'm wondering if it the diffeence of a lot of ramps, fade, etc. I don't have those. It is interesting that this came about when the change was made to have the playback files created on the fly. I think it was 5.20 or 4?

Is it feasible for you to setup 2 shows, ie reduce the number of sequences per show, then play them back to back? Just spitballin.

Matt seemed to make progress on fixing the way my some of my sequences were being processed again and again. Hopefully he will sort it out.

Alan...

You may be right. Tons of fades. I never met an intensity that shouldn't be a fade.

All conventional sequencing. timings down to .50ms  in many cases. Lots of complex chases over RGB channels. 

I can't really break up the shows because I use Miip, and it needs to constantly rewrite the show file.

I may be stuck with using  5.2.4 as a "show player" Inconvenient, but it works.

"Ni"

Phil