Light-O-Rama Forums

LED PROBLEM IN LIGHT O RAMA

barbosaa

Most LED stringers ( at least as of last year we will see this year ) work okay with LOR controllers. In a few cases the stringer LEDs have problems with fading, etc... they can be fixed using a small load such as a C7 or C9 bulb on the circuit.

It appears that some of the stringer LEDs from distributors that work well last year are not working as well this year. This would be caused by some changes in the manufacture of the LEDs. The LEDs in the You Tube should work okay with shorter extension cords or with a small load placed on the circuit.

I think almost all of the newest LEDs work just fine. It may be the you will need to upgrade your LEDs to save you all the time and hassle of a work-around. I buy mine from ledholidaylighting.com - and when side-by-side with regular lights, the LEDs fade exactly the same. The shimmer is different (looks like strobe effect). Well, let me clarify - this is for the LED strings. If you are making your own with replacement LED bulbs, then yea not too many (if any) currently work well with LOR.

Good luck!

If you have the latest LOR firmware (latest being the last year or two) you shouldn't need these kinds of terminators to use LED's with LOR.

What specific problems are you seeing? Lots of us use LED's with LOR with no issues...

-Tim

barbosaa wrote:

Hi Felas

Surfing on web i found the solution see http://crazylightlady.us/TerminatorsHow-To.html

Thanks

You won't have to surf the web, just surf on here. There is a lot of information about making snubbers easily and cheaply. I posted one of them last year on this site and on my own site.

Oh and by the way, that like shows that method that I would consider dangerous and time consuming. There are much easier ways.