Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel mounting

Mike Anderson

Anyone have any tricks to share about mounting pixels to siding and around windows?  I really dont want to use pvc.  I’ve tried several light clips but nothing seems to work just right. 

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

I used plastic Plumbers Tape, and used a metric step reamer to make every 4th hole (3" centers) 12mm (for bullets, smart or dumb)

The tape is grey and comes in 100' rolls for ~ $15. A string of 50 uses about 12'

29 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I used plastic Plumbers Tape, and used a metric step reamer to make every 4th hole (3" centers) 12mm (for bullets, smart or dumb)

The tape is grey and comes in 100' rolls for ~ $15. A string of 50 uses about 12'

You wouldn't have any pictures i could see would you?

1 hour ago, Mike Anderson said:

Anyone have any tricks to share about mounting pixels to siding and around windows?  I really dont want to use pvc.  I’ve tried several light clips but nothing seems to work just right. 

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

I use pvc and from the street you’d never know there are lights there.

I used the HC clips.

They are up year round.

JR

28 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I use pvc and from the street you’d never know there are lights there.

I used the HC clips.

They are up year round.

JR

Looks like i may not have a choice...what size pvc did you use and how did you mount it to your house?

15 minutes ago, Mike Anderson said:

Looks like i may not have a choice...what size pvc did you use and how did you mount it to your house?

They are 1/2” grey pvc conduit.

They have a screw hole in the center.

My runs are steep and my longest run is 32’ and only have between 4 and 10 of the clips depending not the run.

FYI- I used the rectangular lights that have double sided tape and two mounting holes. Attached the to the pvc 2.5” apart. 

I used one of the longest runs as my template and hung it on the garage wall. Hung the next pvc conduit under that and just matched to the first. That was faster than measuring each run.

Need part numbers and sources feel free to pm me.

JR

1 hour ago, Mike Anderson said:

You wouldn't have any pictures i could see would you?

Sorry, I am not where they are (getting ready to move), but I think it ends up like those Bosko strips, only 3/4" wide and grey. I use L hooks and a small bungee yo tension them.They do turn a bit, but the L hook limits the twist and you can use more hooks (mid point), just remember to Label the strips, as the vary a small amount and the holes may be different places from strip to strip

• The topic was locked