Light-O-Rama Forums

Network Cable pigtails on CC devices??

Box on Rails

I have been adding more and more CCPs over the years and now I have around 25 devices scattered around the 2 houses on my block. Every year I have to open most of the Controllers to plug/unplug the Network cable in and store the devices. Has anyone used small pigtail network cables to extend out of the CC device to avoid having to open and close it to connect/disconnect the cables? 

44 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

I have been adding more and more CCPs over the years and now I have around 25 devices scattered around the 2 houses on my block. Every year I have to open most of the Controllers to plug/unplug the Network cable in and store the devices. Has anyone used small pigtail network cables to extend out of the CC device to avoid having to open and close it to connect/disconnect the cables? 

LOR sells pigtails with weather resistant connectors. 👍

You do need to install your own RJ45 plug after threading the CAT5 wire thru the gland nut for all your inter-unit runs.  (I slid the opposite end one down the entir length. BUT NO BOOTED CONNECTORS allowed. bare RJ plugs only)

Once those have been built, Next years setup is easy (💡 Do mark the cable as to intended use location)

• Like 1

http://store.lightorama.com/rjwada.html

If this is the Item you are talking about I would need 54 of then at 6 bucks each. that totals $324 before shipping and tax. I could get two CCP II 50s for that amount. in this hobby, Sometime you gotta pay for connivance. Thanks for the help

6 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

Those are what I'm using.  Saves a ton of time - and I only have six CCP controllers.

40 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

You do need to install your own RJ45 plug after threading the CAT5 wire thru the gland nut for all your inter-unit runs. 

No you don't.  The rubber seal is split.  Just take it apart.  An RJ-45 goes through the plastic pieces just fine.  Put the rubber part over the cable using the split and put it all back together.  Takes less than one minute.

16 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

No you don't.  The rubber seal is split.  Just take it apart.  An RJ-45 goes through the plastic pieces just fine.  Put the rubber part over the cable using the split and put it all back together.  Takes less than one minute.

😳 How did I miss that on almost 20 ends I have made up????

2 hours ago, TheDucks said:

😳 How did I miss that on almost 20 ends I have made up????

Likely that you never took one apart - only loosened it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Kenny did you check Amazon? 

5PCS Panel Mounting RJ45 Waterproof Cat5/5e/6 8P8C Connector Ethernet LAN Cable Connector Double Head Coupler Adapter Female to Female with Waterproof/Dust Cap-19.99

RJ45 Coupling_2.jpg

• The topic was locked