Light-O-Rama Forums

NEED HELP

TonyC

I hope you are testing it with a string of incandescent lights and not LED lights.... just to weed out any problem with 1/2 wave low current issues. Then see if the channel is still on.

When I test, I use a string of incandescant lights that draw about 50 watts or more.

Also I would test it by plugging two sets of lights into different channels and using the hardware program to turn on and off all channels for comparision. It sounds like you know what you are talking about. I'm just mentioning this approach to catch any issues with communication that might mask as a problem with one channel.

Richard Hamilton wrote:

I hope you are testing it with a string of incandescent lights and not LED lights.... just to weed out any problem with 1/2 wave low current issues. Then see if the channel is still on.

When I test, I use a string of incandescant lights that draw about 50 watts or more.

Also I would test it by plugging two sets of lights into different channels and using the hardware program to turn on and off all channels for comparision. It sounds like you know what you are talking about. I'm just mentioning this approach to catch any issues with communication that might mask as a problem with one channel.

I have never had problems plugging one small string of HWR or FWR LED strings into each channel and work just fine. Some of the strings are from 2006 stock and are HWR.

I know some people confuse the replaceable C7 and C9 LED bulbs parallel wired lights with series connected LED lights, there still trying to make them work right.

ALso there might have been a problem in the a couple of years ago with the controller firmware at one time, but do not see that now.

Yes, go ahead and confirm using Mini's, would be interested in your results.

TonyC wrote:

any light it just remains on Im baffled

Ok was this controller a Kit?

Is this a new controller you bought this year?

Did it work just fine last year?

Did you trip a breaker or blow a fuse?

Give us some more information please.