Light-O-Rama Forums

wireless DMX?

medman2000

Looking for a solution. I have LOR and DMX outside my home working fine, but this year planning on also animating my living room tree to the same songs used outside. I have a pair of wireless LOR transmitters to get me inside from the outside network, and will have 1 LOR controller at the base of the tree.

I'd like to have 1 DMX fixture inside as well that will wash my tree, so far all I can think of is just buying another iDMX unit to have inside - just seems a waste of resources for just one fixture.

My other option is to drill a hole in my house to get a cable inside from the outside network - wife wouldn't be thrilled with that but if it saves me $200 maybe I do it while she's gone for an hour or two ;)

Any other solutions people have used to get DMX inside?

Thanks!

Don't quote me on this, but I believe you need the RJ-45 to DMX adapter. I don't do the whole DMX thing, however if I understand things correctly this should work. Just set up the ELL inside, and take a cat 5 cable out of the ELL and into the adapter. Then you can hook up the DMX fixture through the adapter. Again, I THINK this will work. The only issue I see on this is that the adapter may be a one directional adapter, meaning it is only mean to send the signal out. This is all speculation because I really don't know, but I think it should work.

This is the adapter...

http://store.lightorama.com/rjtoxlr3ma.html

Medman....

You could connect the ELLs to get the signal inside, and then from the ELL to your controller, and then from your controller to the iDMX1000.

Couldn't be much simpler...

D.T.

• The topic was locked