Light-O-Rama Forums

CBT16PC - Controller suddenly not being identified

celebratewithlights

Hello all,

Nothing like timing for problems. As of last night I connected 1 more CBT16 controller box. All were working until after I connected the last box. I have 8 boxes in total. My number 4 box quit. The network cable runs from box 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4, 4 to 5, 5 to 6, 6 to 7, 7 to 8. While in the Hardware part of LOR I refresh to get the freshest list of Units. 1, 2, 3,   5, 6, 7, 8 show up in the drop down. There is power going to the boards so I am even more confused as to how the data can jump through this box into the next and not be identified.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Bob 

The HU is sometimes a little finicky. As long as you set the ID properly and if the led light is solid just run a sequence and see if the lights on four play. I have several where the ID won't show up but the sequence runs fine.

Mr. P

The ID was set properly prior. now I can't get the LOR hardware software to see the controller. I have it alongside me working directly with it from my PC. The Hardware searches but still does not find the Unit. I can't try lights if I can't a unit identified. Is there a way to reset the board to factory defaults? I see there is a jumper on the board but not exactly sure what that is for.

As mentioned in a previous note I have the box along side me working with it directly. It is plugged into the USB converter all by itself. When I hit refresh in HU it ends with "found 0 Units". If I connect box 5 as the secondary box to box 4, box 5 is recognized in the HU but box 4 is not. 

14 minutes ago, celebratewithlights said:

As mentioned in a previous note I have the box along side me working with it directly. It is plugged into the USB converter all by itself. When I hit refresh in HU it ends with "found 0 Units". If I connect box 5 as the secondary box to box 4, box 5 is recognized in the HU but box 4 is not. 

I was going to say you had a speed / enhanced problem BUT you are using HU.

The Solid LED is puzzling. What happensto the LED  if you unplug the CAT5 from the dongle?

Double check the switches are firmly in the correct positions (cycle any that are ON), reseat the LOR<>DMX jumpers

Hello Ducks,

I Unplugged the network cables and the LED blinks. Not sure what you mean by double check the switches and DMX Jumpers.

My other question is,,, Is there a way to rest the board?

2 minutes ago, celebratewithlights said:

Hello Ducks,

I Unplugged the network cables and the LED blinks. Not sure what you mean by double check the switches and DMX Jumpers.

My other question is,,, Is there a way to rest the board?

The led does perform as expected (I was checking for a program lockup)

Check switches: means make sure everything is exactly where it is supposed to be, REALLY.  Contact oxidize, operation the switch 'wipes' a fresh path. same with the jumpers. dirt is not your friend.

Your CTB16PC manual has the instructions for a Hardware reset: Page 9 for the Gen3 model

This just gets better and better. I did the factory reset and now the led light does not come on at all. Went to HU and the refresh still sees box 5 and not box 4. 

I will be contacting LOR to find out where I can send it for them to fix it.

It just baffles me that one minute it's working and lights & decorations were on I power everything off to add an additional box, power everything back on and #4 stops working. UGH!!!!

Thank you all for your input.

Have a great Christmas.

Oh man   sorry this went haywire.    I hope you were able to get things back to working without the new box. Maybe the new one can replace #4.     It has happened to me a few times that the contact wires inside the jack get bent and may contact each other.   I think this happens if you let your Cat5 touch the ground and it picks up some debris while you are rearranging the boxes.  It's possible to push the debris into the jack.    If you have a bright light and good eyes you can look inside and 'comb' the wires so they are straight with a tiny screwdriver.    I actually use a metal t-pin on which I bend a little hook at the end.  I know you said there is no blink at all and it was bypassing before that.   It might be worth a try if family Christmas eve activities are not to much to juggle. 

1 hour ago, celebratewithlights said:

It just baffles me that one minute it's working and lights & decorations were on I power everything off to add an additional box, power everything back on and #4 stops working. UGH!!!!

Thank you all for your input.

Have a great Christmas.

• The topic was locked