Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 8 issues..argh!

xtremeone

Good Morning,

First off not a newb...just new to the pixie controllers. I have several E 1.31 set up in display.  My issue is: 

Pixie 8D V4

1. I set up the controller and had all lights working for my pixel arches. Changed controller to #8 from factory set #1.

2. Took outside and added it to the network...hardware utility found  all the controllers including the Pixie. 

3. Went to run a sequence and the controller did not work and actually disappeared from the network.

4. Unplugged brought inside and have tried EVERYTHING to get the HU to find this Pixie 8 again.. I have done a board reset, changed dipswitches including setting them to all off. NO MATTER what it will not find this Pixie 8 again.  

5. When hooked up to the network and other controllers it will send the cat 5 signal through to go to the next controller in line ..BUT CAN NOT find the actual Pixie.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...the sooner the better...lol

Thanks

Kirk

What is the LED on the board doing while the others are found.? (Steady is the norm when the controlling end is on: Your LOR PC)

it is blinking...I know all about how happy I get to see the steady on little red light since we know the controller is talking to the network:)  I am just trying to achieve the steady on at this point.

I assume since you are not new to LOR that you checked the network configuration in NP utility as you are testing?

9 minutes ago, xtremeone said:

it is blinking...I know all about how happy I get to see the steady on little red light since we know the controller is talking to the network:)  I am just trying to achieve the steady on at this point.

HU is very forgiving.  What color Dongle are you using (Say RED set to 500K). You set the Pixie to 8, but are 9, A,B,C,D,E,F addresses clear (not used by any other device on THAT network?

Thanks for the suggestions gang...I def have the red set at 500K.  I have found the controller and had it set up before adding it to the outside display.. When trying to run a sequence in the yard it "lost" the controller and I cannot get it back to be found by the HU to trouble shoot the issue.  What I basically need at this point is for the Pixie to be found by the network...or anything to show that it is connected to the computer to diagnose from there.

Thanks!!

You may have done this step already, but if not, please go into the NP (network configuration utility), with that controller being the only one connected to the computer (which it sounds like you are now doing), and with the proper COMM port and "enhanced" mode set, click on the "Find/Configure Pixicon" button and see what happens.

3 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Pixie - not Pixcon.  Different animal.  Don’t use the Find Pixcon in NP.

Oh yes or course.   I overlooked that 😁  Glad you brought that up, Jim.   Still, it doesn't harm anything to use it.   Just that it would give no reply in this case.  Thus, worthless in this case.

• The topic was locked