Light-O-Rama Forums

Another question for the gang

Calhoun lights

The sequence plays from in SE, everything is good.  Set the sequence up as a show, lss file, then add that to the schedule editor. Enable schedule and nothing plays. The layout is pc to alphapix E1.31 control then on to 16 circuit LOR controller using the RS485 output on the alphapix board. When I use the hardware utility it can’t find the LOR controller, should it? I just remembered that I need to check which comm port is selected, the only choice was 1 or 3. Not sure but thinking it has been comm 4 in the past. What am I missing?

Well, you will never be able to see you LOR controller with your setup in the Hardware Utility.  The AlphaPix controller is controlled via E1.31 over an Ethernet connection, and the Hardware Utility (natively) only communicates over LOR RS-485 networks.  With that said, the Pixel console within the Hardware Utility will be able to send command to the AlphaPix and by way of the AlphaPix to your LOR controller.

When you configure your channels in Sequence Editor, they will be configured as DMX channels and NOT LOR channels.  In Network Preferences, the DMX universes for the AlphaPix and the LOR controller needs to be configured.

Next, when you want to play you show, you need to have the LOR Control Panel running (which will in turn start the Comm Listener).

Thanks, Jim 

over the years I have learned a lot from your answers and watching your responses.  I’m working today, so will not have a chance to check out your suggestions. The more I think about this, it has to be a comm port problem. The alphapix and the LOR controllers play all channels when played from the SE.  This is the first year running the show from an old desktop located the the garden shed, always used a laptop in the house before.

Edited by Calhoun lights

Note to everyone, but mostly me. “ Be sure to check the simple things first”. All the time and effort spent yesterday trying to get the schedule working we’re caused by the clock being set to AM. I set the schedule to come on at 4:15 PM so the program was doing what I told it to do. Reminds me of the old saying “garbage in garbage out”. Lol

Yet another reminder why I set EVERY timepiece that I own to 24 hour time.  Don't have to worry about that....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Yet another reminder why I set EVERY timepiece that I own to 24 hour time.  Don't have to worry about that....

My entire life has been 24hr time so that is all I use, alleviates a lot of confusion. The wife hates it when she asks what time it is and I tell her 1800.  😁

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

My entire life has been 24hr time so that is all I use, alleviates a lot of confusion. The wife hates it when she asks what time it is and I tell her 1800.  😁

It seems absurd :rolleyes: we hang onto a Analog Clock artifact, when common devices  display time Digits

One of the first things I do is Set 24Hr on a device (if possible).

2 hours ago, Calhoun lights said:

Note to everyone, but mostly me. “ Be sure to check the simple things first”. All the time and effort spent yesterday trying to get the schedule working we’re caused by the clock being set to AM. I set the schedule to come on at 4:15 PM so the program was doing what I told it to do. Reminds me of the old saying “garbage in garbage out”. Lol

I'm guessing not many visitors around 4am.....too funny!

5 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Me too, the wife also as a NP and we are teaching the boys as well. Hopefully it won’t interfere with their school work. LOL

JR