Light-O-Rama Forums

CAT5E CABLE IN AND OUT TROUBLES

barbosaa

Hi, just the last week i received my 2 light o rama units.

I try to make the test but find some problem

Unit 1 have a CAT5E bad cause when y press it the cable conetion with my finger hard , the inut 2 led stop blinking. when i out my finger the 2 unit led start to blink again and the system cant see the unit 2

What do u thinkt that can do, coneting the 2 unit above plone cable? is the same or has it some difference?

Thanks

My english is no so good

Attached files 156393=9054-lor_48_lightgray_red.gif

Yes that cable is new

I think the CAT5E in/out on board is damage cause i can move <----> with one finger and when a press hard , the land turns on and led stop to blink

and when i up my finger led begin blink. and land turn off

I think that you will be OK using phone cable. As long as your cable is not too long, phone cable will be OK.

Good luck!

D.T.

I believe the only cat 5 required is to the first controller from the computer. I use phone line to connect all my controllers without problem, however, you will still have to use one of the cat5 connectors as there is only one phone jack on each board.

I am under the assumption that, if you input into a controller with a phone cable, you must come out with a phone cable.

Please correct me if I'm wrong - as I only use Cat 5E cables

Dr. Jones wrote:

I am under the assumption that, if you input into a controller with a phone cable, you must come out with a phone cable.

Please correct me if I'm wrong - as I only use Cat 5E cables

I have "mixed and matched" with no problems. I am gradually converting to all cat5e, but I do use the telephone cable for long runs as I have several 100 ft. telephone cables.