Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB16D

JFCIII

I am setting up a haunted yard and would like to use the CMB16D as a speaker switch to turn on and off speakers in different haunted scenes in my yard as people move thru it, will and can the CMB16D be used for this puorpose?

Having designed several Jaycee Haunted Houses in past years (without LOR), I can tell you that a motion switch from Radio Shack does wonders. They are not cheap, but work very well if you are trying to loop a tape or something.

Like I said, this was years ago. What I did was use a looping outgoing answering machine to produce the sound effect I wanted.

I am not sure they even make them anymore.

Otherwise, there is a way to use a motion detector to activate LOR equipment.

If you did not mind all channels activating at the same time, it would probably work for you.

I have not tried a Motion activated switch on my stuff yet.

You cannot switch audio directly but you could use it to switch relays that switched te audio from speaker to speaker.

Your relays would need to have coils with the same DC voltage as you are using for your CMB input/output voltage. When LOR turns on the channel controlling the relay connected to it. it would cause the contacts in the relay to close turning on your speakers. When the LOR turns off the channel it would drop out the relay coil opening the contacts in the relay thus turning off the speakers. Most relays have both normally open and normally closed contacts so you can wire in the speakers to either turn on the speakers or turn off the speakers when LOR turns on the channel.