Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR II RIbbon Arches Set-Up

LOR User

I would like to add two arches to our LOR display. I have the CCR -II ribbon that I plan to cut in half (I know...goodbye warranty) to make two arches. The controller is Pixe2.

Question: Since I am cutting the string to make two arches, what values do I input in the Prop Definition window? 

Thank you in advance for your help.

I set up my prop definition with 25 nodes in each arch - # of Sections = 1. Arch #1 has circuits 1- 75 and Arch #2 has circuits 76-150; both have the same unit id.

I would like to create a leaping arch effect so I created a group. But when I play the preview (S5), only Arch #1 turns on. What am I doing wrong? 

I have Arrangement setting set at Horizontal Stack Align Bottoms.

Thank you.

Edited by LOR User

I'm pretty new at this myself but...

it sounds like you have one ribbon plugged into each port. If so, because your sequence has all circuits pointed to the same unit ID only the first port will light up.

You need to remember that when you configure the Pixie II, it automatically creates the second port. So you need to move circuits 76-150 to an new unit number (should be one more than the current Unit number you are using for circuits 1-75) and make them circuits 1-75 as well.

Since you cut the ribbons, you now have two ribbons with 75 circuits (25 Pixels) each and numbered from 1-75. You also have TWO unit IDs on the Pixie II controller. Each unit ID controls 1 of the pigtails to connect to the light ribbon.

SO, set up your sequences as a Group (Arch 1 or whatever) unit ID 1 (or whatever unit you set it up to) with circuits 1-75. You already have that done. Then set up a second group (Arch 2 or whatever) Unit ID +1 (1 greater than the other unit ID) with circuits 1-75. You should be able to copy and paste your existing circuits 75-150 to the new UNIT ID+1 circuits 1-75.

Not neccessarily, it sounds like they are running one ribbon through two arches. That would put the first 25 pixels, channels 1-75 of that ribbon on the first arch. The ribbon then continues with pixels 26-50, channels 76-150 through the second arch.

But if they did cut the ribbon and connected it seperately then yes the seond ID comes into play and they start over with 25 pixels channels 1-75.

Edited by Mr. P

I am running one ribbon through two arches. I tried various scenarios including different unit numbers. But I still can't get it to sequence properly.

I'm perplexed...

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:48 PM, LOR User said:

I would like to add two arches to our LOR display. I have the CCR -II ribbon that I plan to cut in half (I know...goodbye warranty) to make two arches. The controller is Pixe2.

Question: Since I am cutting the string to make two arches, what values do I input in the Prop Definition window?  

Thank you in advance for your help.

29 minutes ago, LOR User said:

I am running one ribbon through two arches. I tried various scenarios including different unit numbers. But I still can't get it to sequence properly.

I'm perplexed... 

So am I. I guess I misunderstood what "plan to cut in half" means. If each string is cut in half (to include only 25 pixels) and then run through two arches does that mean that you want 1 arch with 12 pixels and 1 with 13? If by "cutting" you mean dividing it up into 2 sections through the sequences, how does that void the warranty?

I took what I understand of your question and made a quick prop consisting of 2 arhes. It works as though I would expect it to. Is there something different you are looking for?

Before I cut (and void the warranty) of the ribbons, I would consider making a circle. It's 2 arches opposed verticaly. Just a thought.

A quick gif on how I made the 2 arches based on your question.

Alan...

arches.gif

Edited by default
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked