Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie4 only works on nodes not strips

Little_b

I have a Pixie4 Gen1 Firmware V1.01 I am using for the first time since I bought them.  I am able to get it to control my ws2811 pixel nodes, but not my ws2811 pixel strips.  Has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions?  Thanks,

Hmmmm, that doesn't make any sense. WS2811 pixel strings are the same as WS2811 strips. If you are using 50 pixel strings then ensure you are using 10 pixels or 30 leds per meter strips. Also confirm the strips are WS2811 and check your wiring.

Try changing the 400khz and 800khz in the config.

Edited by Mr. P

confirm that you are wiring up the correct end since data flow  is only in one direction for smart pixels/strips.  If 2 or more strips are not wirking has to be either wire connection issue or strips setup in controller.   If you're only folling with 1 strips, uess there's a chance the strips is not working. 

Wiring is fine as the strips work fine with my e6804 controller. I tested that thinking the strips might not be good as well. I'll try the kHz when I get home, hadn't tried that yet.

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Try changing the 400khz and 800khz in the config.

So the Nodes run on 800khz and the Strips run on 400khz.  That was the trick.  Now I have to redo one of my props from nodes to strips so they all can run off the one controller.  Thanks for the suggestions. 

29 minutes ago, Little_b said:

So the Nodes run on 800khz and the Strips run on 400khz.  That was the trick.  Now I have to redo one of my props from nodes to strips so they all can run off the one controller.  Thanks for the suggestions. 

I guess the strips aren't as smart as the nodes, just a little slower.

• The topic was locked