Light-O-Rama Forums

Discovered older CCR issue

dgrant

Just FYI for anyone, I have a single CCR from LOR that I bought years ago. Its worked perfectly all along till this year and updating software to last version of S4. The CCR would work via the hardware application but would not take commands from the SE. Network preferences were correct and of course the channelization has been correct all along and yes, re-verified it several times looking for the issue. The problem was solved when I updated the CCR firmware that had never been touched. Started working normally. So even if your CCR's show up on the visualizer and working there, they may not be working outside.

Had you made any network changes (speed or enhanced)?  The older CCD firmware needs to be updated for either 500k speed or enhanced or both (I cant remember which).

No changes. Really strange that I could command it with the hardware app and in the In the visualizer, it would show as working but in actuality, it was not running.  Firmware fixed it

Jim for the win.  Old CCR did not understand 500K or ELOR.  

HWU will always be able to control them.  It runs at a very slow speed.  You however updated your network to run 500K or ELOR which the old firmware did not understand.  Updating the firmware gets it to work.

Go look at your network preferences for the network that the CCR is attached to.  You will find it at 500K or using ELOR.

• The topic was locked