Light-O-Rama Forums

Converting .sup files

captainron19

Firts year with pixels and doing a small 10' tree - someone sent me some sequencing to get me started but they are .sup files which I am assuming are for Supestar.   Is there a way to get these files opened in Pixel Editor?

For a given display element (like your pixel tree), you have to decide how you are going to sequence it - channel level in the Sequence Editor, or using SuperStar, or using the Pixel Editor. In S4, these 3 approaches are distinct and cannot be combined. S5 breaks that restriction and allows you to sequence using all 3 approaches simultaneously if you want.

Matt

16 minutes ago, captainron19 said:

Firts year with pixels and doing a small 10' tree - someone sent me some sequencing to get me started but they are .sup files which I am assuming are for Supestar.   Is there a way to get these files opened in Pixel Editor?

Ask the person who sent you the .sup files to export then in legacy format and send you the resulting .las or .lms files.

22 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Ask the person who sent you the .sup files to export then in legacy format and send you the resulting .las or .lms files. 

He did send me the files in LMS format - not sure how he exported them but when I opened up in PE there was no data at all.  When I open up the same file in SE it shows all of the effects and the channels all read CCR but I am using Pixels so does this pose a problem and a probable reason why it is not showing up in PE?   I did open up a support ticket with LOR and their only reply was ....  " SuperStar files are very different that Pixel Editor files and there's no converter that I know of.  Sorry. "

That is correct.  In S4, any given channel can be sequenced in Pixel Editor OR SuperStar, but not both.  You can take the .lms files and tweek them in Sequence Editor, but not Pixel a Editor.  In S5, it is easier to mix use of SuperStar, Sequencer, and Motion Effects (what the Pixel Editor function is now called).

Here is the list of file extensions for S4.

.LAS is an Animation Sequence
.LMS is a Musical Sequence
.LSV is what saves your visual preferences (zoom level, etc) within the Sequence Editor.

.LCS is the compressed sequence. You won't edit this file. It's created by the software.
.LSC is the schedule files. These are created/edited when you adjust your schedule.

.LCC is the Light-O-Rama Channel Configuration file.
.SUP is a Superstar Editor file.
.LEE - Visualizer file.
.LFF - Visualizer fixture file
.LPF - Visualizer prop file
.LPE - Pixel Editor file
.LID - Intensity Data file

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, k6ccc said:

I spoke with James, he did provide some of the .LMS files but the OP wanted or thought James could convert them for S5. Neither of us run S5 so we do not know how to convert to S5. 

There is enough time for the OP to figure out how to do this with the support of the community.

As many know this is crunch time for us Halloween light shows and that doesn't help the sharing process at all.

JR

58 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I spoke with James, he did provide some of the .LMS files but the OP wanted or thought James could convert them for S5. Neither of us run S5 so we do not know how to convert to S5. 

There is enough time for the OP to figure out how to do this with the support of the community.

As many know this is crunch time for us Halloween light shows and that doesn't help the sharing process at all.

JR

When you say OP I assume you mean Original Poster ...being me.   I did not want them converted to S5 as i do not use S5 i am using S4 and PE - James did convert one of the .sup files for me to lms but the effects did not show up when opened in PE

48 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

It would help if the OP filled in their profile so we can have all the info to give them the best possible answer.

Not sure what part of my profile was incomplete that could of helped further but i assume you are talking about my software version and license level as they were 2 areas I did not have completed and to be honest never really noticed I did not fill them out .   Software version is 4.3.26 with a pro license level

8 minutes ago, captainron19 said:

When you say OP I assume you mean Original Poster ...being me.   I did not want them converted to S5 as i do not use S5 i am using S4 and PE - James did convert one of the .sup files for me to lms but the effects did not show up when opened in PE

9 minutes ago, captainron19 said:

Ok, James explained it to me a little bit different, hence my reply. Neithet  of us use PE either so no help there.

I did make a large spider prop in PE and never used it again. I didn’t have any problem playing my itsy bitsy spider song while testing it.

PE does not look like SE in no way. You should see the wav file and a large black screen with lots of narrow lines.

You have to create a prop in PE and assign the channels based on your SE channel config.

Remember only pixel stuff will show up in PE.

Thats if I recall correctly. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

We use SS.

6 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Ok, James explained it to me a little bit different, hence my reply. Neithet  of us use PE either so no help there.

I did make a large spider prop in PE and never used it again. I didn’t have any problem playing my itsy bitsy spider song while testing it.

PE does not look like SE in no way. You should see the wav file and a large black screen with lots of narrow lines.

You have to create a prop in PE and assign the channels based on your SE channel config.

Remember only pixel stuff will show up in PE.

Thats if I recall correctly. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

We use SS.

Yup that is pretty much on the money all that info you provided.   I am having no problem with the PE program.  I plan on starting to use S5 next season as i do not have the time right now to learn a new program.   James was just trying to help me out because he had RGB Programming for a tree similiar to the pixel tree I just purchased and he has a lot of the same songs that i do..... I have 18 so was just trying to get ahead of it all as far as programming for Christmas but like I said before the files he sent me were created in superstar

Yes the SS files will not work in PE. 

The LMS he gave you should work in PE once you have the prop set up. Unlike SE you cannot see the sequence itself.

When you go to open in PE you find the LMS file (sequence) and click it.

As mentioned you will have to have the prop. 

Once you are done in PE when you save the file it will now have a PE on it instead of SE.

I suggest making a copy of the LMS James sent you and practice.

Do you have a tree prop?

I do not remember if a prop made in Visualizer can be imported to PE. If so it’s easy to build a tree prop for you.

JR

Let me add thiis

The tutorial for PE was my best friend in creating that spider prop. I just switched the steps in the examples to meet my needs.

36 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Yes the SS files will not work in PE. 

The LMS he gave you should work in PE once you have the prop set up. Unlike SE you cannot see the sequence itself.

When you go to open in PE you find the LMS file (sequence) and click it.

As mentioned you will have to have the prop. 

Once you are done in PE when you save the file it will now have a PE on it instead of SE.

I suggest making a copy of the LMS James sent you and practice.

Do you have a tree prop?

I do not remember if a prop made in Visualizer can be imported to PE. If so it’s easy to build a tree prop for you.

JR

Yes I already have a tree prop built in my preview for PE .... I opened up the LMS file he converted from the SS file and it shows no effects.  My prop is there but no effects appear 

It doesn't go into PE. You'll add the LMS data to your SE sequence either by pasting it in, or as a subsequence. You must delete the prop in PE or it will conflict with the channels assigned in SE.

Matt

1 minute ago, MattBrown said:

It doesn't go into PE. You'll add the LMS data to your SE sequence either by pasting it in, or as a subsequence. You must delete the prop in PE or it will conflict with the channels assigned in SE.

Matt

OK I guess I have some more learning to do because the only way I have been able to to it is open my current lms file in PE that has all of my AC Lor Programming.    Add the effects for my prop then "Save Intensity Data" which creates the PE Prop in my SE but does not show the actual effects ... just a turquoise blue line