Light-O-Rama Forums

pixcon controller

dougradSally123+

i have used the old LOR controllers in the past and have enjoyed them so this year i got a pixcon 16.  Tried to set it up without other controllers.  I feel sure it is operator error but i can't get the controls to talk to the computer.  When i spoke with LOR prior to purchase they suggested the pixcon and also upgrade my adapter to the red RS485 so i did.  First downloaded the new version of software 5.12 on the computer.  then powered up the board and it appears to work in test mode.  Then installed the adapter drivers.  Then hooked up the USB cable.  When i try to get the network to find the controller no luck.  Part of the issue i assume are the pics of the controller connections differ from my board and the directions seem very vague or may just over my head.  i have unistalled drivers and reloaded.  There is no clear instructions on where to plug in the CAT5 cord, metal port or one of the other ports.  I am trying to keep this as simple as i can for now so i am only using LOR controls.  Any ideas?

Doug,

On the Controller board, you only use the Metal Cased Ethernet port for Network Configuration to set up the board.  Once you have executed all the necessary IP, Pixel Port Setup, then you would power down the controller and change the Cat-5 to the top RJ45 jack, left of the Metal Case Ethernet port. (If you are using it in LOR mode.)

Setup on a PixCon 16 controller is done via Ethernet - NOT LOR network.  Once configuration is completed, you can run the Pixcon 16 via LOR networking.

Be careful which plug you are connecting to.  Plugging LOR networking into an Ethernet network or vice versa CAN lead to the magic blue smoke leaking out.

• The topic was locked