Light-O-Rama Forums

lost with S5 pixel 16

J.guzman

trying to test lights to my 16 pixie. I installed it last week but did'nt have rgb lights to test trying now but not responding does any one now S5 newbie

14 hours ago, J.guzman said:

trying to test lights to my 16 pixie. I installed it last week but did'nt have rgb lights to test trying now but not responding does any one now S5 newbie

Send my friend K6CCC a pm or perhaps he will reply here.

We got you all set up the other day, now all you have to do is figure out S5. Just let Jim know all is good in HU and other settings. All you need is to know how to build the prop and assign the prop to your pixie channels.

Jim - if you read this, his unit ID's. network pref settings are all good (500K Enhanced). HU comms fine. I just didn't know how to help him in s5. He wrote sequences that worked for other props in S5 but cant figure out how to set a new preview.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

11 hours ago, trooperblazer said:

Did you set the controller ID?

yes I did last night started new sequence and pixie 16 was on my new sequence going to play around with it today . only thing is when I went to do Preview Design i still can't inport my photo of my home so i did it anyway when i was done and saved it went back to sequence page and my work was there with what i named every thing and also on top of that was unit 1 thur unit 3 what did i do wrong

Yea, I'm seeing this.  First of all, importing a photo of your home is not important to getting a preview on the correct channels.  Note that I have NEVER had a preview or Visualization that included a photo of my house.

As far as a preview, you said Unit 1 through 3.  can I assume that you are (at least for now) only using three outputs of a Pixie 16 controller, and further that the Pixie 16 is set for Unit ID 01 (which makes it use Unit IDs 01 through 0F for the 16 outputs)?

When you are trying to play a test sequence, do you have "Control Lights" turned on in Sequencer, and is the Control panel running?

51 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Yea, I'm seeing this.  First of all, importing a photo of your home is not important to getting a preview on the correct channels.  Note that I have NEVER had a preview or Visualization that included a photo of my house.

As far as a preview, you said Unit 1 through 3.  can I assume that you are (at least for now) only using three outputs of a Pixie 16 controller, and further that the Pixie 16 is set for Unit ID 01 (which makes it use Unit IDs 01 through 0F for the 16 outputs)?

When you are trying to play a test sequence, do you have "Control Lights" turned on in Sequencer, and is the Control panel running?

Jim- His Pixie16 and his other controllers were all set in HU, Pixie16 is unit ID's  1-10. We set that up last night. I cant recall all of his controllers since I helped other out as well. If I recall he has some AC controllers and built those in S5 and they worked. Yesterday he was having a problem because he couldn't add anything to the preview because it was full of star props or something. He had been trying to remove them but wasn't saving after the delete so every time he opened up his preview he had all of those stars. He walked me through what he did and that's when I found out he wasn't saving after the delete.

He had set his other controllers up but I had to change the unit IDs because of the unit conflicts between the pixie using the others. The pixie16 tested with the one strand of lights he had connected at the time.

Since he has more time in S5 than I do we figured he could figure it out in S5.

Thanks for helping him out. I am going to install S5 on my unused desktop someday just so I can have a look around.

JR

On 9/10/2018 at 8:53 PM, k6ccc said:

Hi this is John thank you i have my pixel 16 as unit 03 i have got to make new Sequence and i can see that all three unit come up 01,02 ,and 03 today i will start playing around with it to see what i can create. JR told me i had to number them 1-9 and then 0A-0G BUT i'll look that up to make sure i was listening if you can give me any pointers on how to get started or just so i wont guff it up lol thank you for your help

You can use any start address that you want, but it will use the one that you give it PLUS the next 15 IDs (counting in Hex).  So if you have assigned the Pixie 16 as unit ID 03, it will use IDs 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10, 11, 12.  Each ID will be one output.

Note that you must have an Advanced or Pro level software license to fully use a Pixie 16.

Also, please update your profile to include your license level and software version.  It answers lots of questions, and tells us how to answer your questions.

22 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

You can use any start address that you want, but it will use the one that you give it PLUS the next 15 IDs (counting in Hex).  So if you have assigned the Pixie 16 as unit ID 03, it will use IDs 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10, 11, 12.  Each ID will be one output.

Note that you must have an Advanced or Pro level software license to fully use a Pixie 16.

Also, please update your profile to include your license level and software version.  It answers lots of questions, and tells us how to answer your questions.

Jim-

he’s good on license. He just didnt set the other AC controller IDs while I talked to him on the phone.

I did set up his network but he didn’t know how to get the tree in preview.

He had a lot of stars that had populated so I finally got rid of them when he deleted and the saved.

I was hoping someone can instruct him and n building that tree in S5 and of course you came to mind.

JR

• The topic was locked