Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding Device in S5

dibblejr

Yes, I have searched and found no answer. Just need a simple answer please or a reference link.

Today is the 2nd time I have assisted someone with setting up their pixie16 that had S5. However the first person has been using S5 since Beta and didn't need any further than how to add it and properly assign the unit ID's.

The LOR forum member today is new and only has 2 AC controllers and the Pixie16. He was having problems with HU so we got that straightened out. 

Then I figured Id help him create his Master Config - oops S5. Cannot do it the old was "insert Device"

He brought up his test sequence made for the 2 AC controllers. That's where all is no longer the same.

How do you add a device in S5? Or do you have to create a prop?

He said when he created the test for the two controllers it only asked him "how many rows". How does the new Sequencer know which controller its communicating with?

How will it set up a new pixie device?

We went down all the various tabs and the only one that would make sense to me is the prop creator or whatever it was called. But it never asked him for any device info.

S5 sure is a different animal. Hopefully someone can answer or point me to the answer.

Thanks

JR

In S5 you don't really add a device, what you do is create a preview. When you create the preview you assign channels and the unit ID those channels belong to.such as a tree, roofline or arches.

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

In S5 you don't really add a device, what you do is create a preview. When you create the preview you assign channels and the unit ID those channels belong to.such as a tree, roofline or arches.

So it no longer matters what the device is ie; pixie16, pixcon16 as long as you have 16 ids associated with that unit #?

I was just shocked at how different the working environment was, note I haven't seen the screen, to afraid to look.

How about the "enhanced" to set up the NP? He had everything there, except enhanced. Is it automatic now?

JR

You have to be on Advanced view.  I recall it was that way in S4 also.

S5_Network_Prefs-1.png

After clicking "More (Aux Networks)..."

S5_Network_Prefs-2.png

And after selecting "Advanced"

S5_Network_Prefs-3.png

Thanks Jim - there it is. That's what happens when I cant see the screen on the other computer. I guess mine auto opens in advance. So all he has to do is hit the advance tab on the lower right of that box to get there. Then he should be able to double click in "enhanced" and get the smaller box.

Thank you

JR

Yep.  Same here.  I had to open NP and change it to simple mode in order to see that Enhanced was not there.  Figured I would grab the screen shots while I was there...

Good afternoon all,

So like many of you I am digging in and relearning 5.1. I've read some of the treads but am not finding anything discussing what S4 called "Channel Config". I know that in S5 a lot is done (assigning) within the "preview Design" window however, how do I delete/edit my channel lineup so that it is accurate within S5 Sequencer?  Change is good but HARD especially when the supporting documentation is still being released (and you missed the 2018 xmas expo)!!!!

The way I do it is to open the preview I am using  and then select the prop I want to modify. Then above the list of props on the left side, select item ...modify. The prop definition window will open and you can make any changes you need to. When you are done save it. 

If you want a complete list of channels open the tab labeled "String summary" in the main preview design window.

Then just make sure you are using the desired preview when you do your programming.

Hello
Unfortunately, I have similar problems and just can not get on with this program. I have already called on the helpline, unfortunately without real success. I was not really helped. But since I want to have my lights running for Christmas 2018, I'm helping myself right now by using the old version on my laptop and copying the scripts to modify it.
The documentation for this problem of Light-O-Rama is very poor to very bad.
I am more than dissatisfied. From a professional program in the price range you should expect more.
My big problem is that I do not speak English (I am from Germany) and I have to communicate via a translator.

Der JIM ( k6ccc ) hat auch schon versucht mir zu helfen, leider ohne Erfolg

From the new version of the sequencer I'm wrong, you can not use it if the configuration is not right.

Edited by Werner Horst