Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR-4.3.34 Installation issue

JLewinski

I'm trying to install this version on my Windows10 Home laptop, and I get an error message that the path, "C:\Users\...Light-O-Rama.msi cannot be found". I did a search on the entire computer for that file, and as mentioned, it is not on my computer. I tried reinstalling a couple of times with the same result. Any suggestions or work arounds?

I think I had that before. Did you click ok or continue? It may go past it.  I had a warning come up but clicked the button and it continued like nothing was wrong. 

Do a complete uninstall of LOR. Then, in file explorer, go to C:\Program Files (x86) and delete the LOR folder . Download a fresh copy of the software and reinstall. Make sure you are logged on as an Administrator.

As always, make sure your data is backed up. Shouldn't be an issue but you never know.

5 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

I think I had that before. Did you click ok or continue? It may go past it.  I had a warning come up but clicked the button and it continued like nothing was wrong. 

Tried that, to no avail. To quote Charlie Brown, "AARRGG!"

5 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Do a complete uninstall of LOR. Then, in file explorer, go to C:\Program Files (x86) and delete the LOR folder . Download a fresh copy of the software and reinstall. Make sure you are logged on as an Administrator.

As always, make sure your data is backed up. Shouldn't be an issue but you never know.

Two more tries at doing this, and it APPEARS to have worked. I don't understand why this should be so finicky. ANYWAY, thanks PhilMassey for the help, and to GriswoldStyle for the suggestion.  Hopefully it'll still be working when I reboot in the morning.

Normally it's not.  The next step would have been the complete uninstall, and delete and then add a registry wipe  before the re-install.

I've had a few weird issues when going back and forth between S4 and S5 repeatedly.  The full delete and registry wipe always cleared the issue.