Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting up a pixie2 (CCD with 2 strings of 50

GriswoldStyle

Okay so I just got my shipment of the pixie2 I believe it is it's the CCD with two sets of 50 pixels. But I'm running into some setup confusion. Could not locate a diagram of how the jumpers should be when fresh out the box.

I have one that is an old-style CCD where all I had to do was set the dip switch and it worked fine.

However this new one is giving me grief. I opened it up, set the dip switch for controller 10. Used Hardware utility and found it on the laptop. However this is where my confusion comes in. When I do a scan/fade it works on Channel 1 through 50 based on Port 1 (which I do not recall on the original CCD needing port selected) or if I switch over to port two it works fine on Port 2 on the second 50. However it will not run both at the same time when trying to do a hardware utility test by selecting "all" for both ports.

So I ended up going to sequence editor and playing a sequence but only the first 50 on output one comes on output two does not come on at all which is s2 in the CCD in my sequence. Now I did notice in the sequence where I have a blue Shimmer, some of the bulbs on the first 50 are showing some red in middle of the Shimmer towards one end of the string but not on the whole string.

I am almost certain this has got to be a misstep on my part during serup. Does anybody have a diagram for the jumpers? it's probably something simple but yet I confused myself by being excited to get the new toy. Now I don't have this issue with the old CCD when I test it on to those other two arches they work fine. but on this new CCD that I just got today only one Arch comes on and it looks like there's some errors. now bare with me before you start laughing as I am new to this starting this year so it's probably something simple that I overlooked. but just to be safe I unplugged it and figured I would ask before I continued any further.

But just in case here is a picture of the board fresh out the box.  Just wondering if that top jumper has something to do with what I'm experiencing. 21l2uma.jpg

That top jumper should definitely be moved to the left since you are on a LOR network. Also remember since you set the dip switches to ID 10 that applies to the first string the second string is ID 11.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

That top jumper should definitely be moved to the left since you are on a LOR network. Also remember since you set the dip switches to ID 10 that applies to the first string the second string is ID 11.

Awesome thank you. I had a feeling it needed to but could not find a diagram of the jumpers in the manual that came with it.

Also keep in mind that you can turn all the dip switches off and set the ID in the HU.

Edited by Mr. P

Now the unit 11 is that only in the hardware utility correct?

Obviously when I added the devices I did something incorrect in the sequence editor.

So I copied my to from controller 10 in SC added a new device as number 11 i d, but then when adding a device in the sequence editor it asks me for the option of CCB string two I'd... it gives two options the first one is channel continues using base unit ID and the second one is string 2 has own unit ID native mode unit ID plus one.

Would it be the second option on the right side of the pop-up window for add device?

juy1rt.jpg

I think I just figured it out but now comes another problem. I had controller 10 as a two string add in and it was causing conflicts.

Instead I made one string of 50 unit 10 and the other set of 50 unit 11 and both seem to be working now...... Very odd my first CCB I bought off someone was Generation 1 I believe is the original one and it is not set up the same way. I never knew I had to change the unit IDs per string. The first one I set up as 2 strings of 50 using the second option.

Maybe I need to reconfigure my channel configuration so I don't have any issues. should both be set up the same way using different controller IDs for each set of 50? The old version CCD and the new version?

Edited by GriswoldStyle

The original CCBs are a totally different controller then the CCB II. The CCB II is considered a Pixie and all Pixie's assign one Unit ID for each port. A Pixie 2 uses two ID's, a Pixie 4 uses four ID's, a Pixie 8 uses eight and so on.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

The original CCBs are a totally different controller then the CCB II. The CCB II is considered a Pixie and all Pixie's assign one Unit ID for each port. A Pixie 2 uses two ID's, a Pixie 4 uses four ID's, a Pixie 8 uses eight and so on.

Thank you for explaining this. so now all I need to do is change the way I set up Unit 10 in my channel configuration. Just make Channel 10 the first 50 and channel 11 the second 50.

This saves me from having to redo all four. I was stressing I had screwed up big-time on it but luckily I did not. It's only 2 unit IDs I need to fix. Simple fix for me. I truly appreciate you breaking that down in terms I could understand :)

7 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Thank you for explaining this. so now all I need to do is change the way I set up Unit 10 in my channel configuration. Just make Channel 10 the first 50 and channel 11 the second 50.

This saves me from having to redo all four. I was stressing I had screwed up big-time on it but luckily I did not. It's only 2 unit IDs I need to fix. Simple fix for me. I truly appreciate you breaking that down in terms I could understand :)

If you set it up in the HU all you will assign is the first or starting Unit ID and the software assigns the rest in sequential order.

• The topic was locked