Light-O-Rama Forums

Interactive Show Question

Paul Noel

I want to have a single sequence, loop continuously until a button is pushed to begin the main show, (which is about 15 minutes long) at the conclusion of which I want the single sequence , to once more loop continuously.  I am using an MP3 show controller, but can't seem to figure out how to use the hardware utility to accomplish this.  Any help would be most appreciated.

It is easy when running on a computer.  Never used a director - in part because years ago I was told that you couldn’t run an interactive show on a director. I have run interactive sequences in my year round landscape lighting show since 2011 or 12.  With the newer directors and lots of updates, that may not be the case.

Thanks for the reply Jim.  I don't have a spare computer to run the show.  I use Mac,  with a partitioned hard drive to program the sequences and use the MP3 director built into one of my controllers to run the show.

Here's a little tip.  You can buy a computer that is fully capable of running a fairly large show for under $100.

Someone who uses a director will have to give you more info on running an interactive show (if possible) from a director.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

Paul again.   I took your advice and am now using an HP laptop to run my show.  I have watched the tutorial video MANY!  times, and just can’t seem to get the result I need.  I would very much appreciate , if you have the time, your suggestions as you indicated that you are very conversant with the system.

My show has one sequence which loops continuously until a bell ( think small brass school bell) is rung.  It is constructed in such a way as to momentarily close a micro switch for the input pup.   This then triggers the main portion of the show of  6 sequences which will each play through once, one after the other,  and then revert back to continuous loop again,  until the next time the bell is rung.  Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Paul