Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help with CCB Mini Tree Configuration

NJJohn

Good morning, I posted this question about a year ago and received no replies so I never figured out how to do it and wound up mot using my CCB's last year.  I want to ask the same question but with a little different specifications.  Hopefully this will make sense.

I have searched the forums and watched the tutorial videos but have not had any luck trying to find how to do what I want to do.  I apologize in advance if it is somewhere on these forums or in a video somewhere and I didn't find it.  Here is what I am trying to do.  I have 8 sets of Cosmic Color Bulbs and I have 4 six foot tall tree frames.  I want to us two sets of CCB's on each six-foot tree frame.  Each CCB has two strands of 50 bulbs 24' in length.  I want to use each strand to create four columns approximately 6' in length.  This will allow me to have a total of 16 columns of lights on each tree.   My question is, how do I set that up in Superstar Sequencer to show a single strand of 50 bulbs making 4 columns?  I can only find how to create a tall tree utilizing all 50 bulbs in a single column.  Can this be done in Superstar?  Hopefully this makes sense.

Thank you.

John

Not sure about this as I do not use Superstar but wondering if you might be able to build a visualizer prop file with the RGB strings. Then incorporate it into Superstar.

When I was building props in visualizer, I did notice somewhere but I can't recall offhand how, there was a way to insert RGB strings and then adjust/move each pixel to the background picture. This is how I built the visualizer file for my snowman this year by inserting a rough sketch and using that as a background then added the lights and adjusted them one by one. I can't recall offhand if this will work and I don't want to give the wrong information. Hopefully somebody with more experience with superstar or visualizer props could chime in on this. Anyone know how he can accomplish this?

Edited by GriswoldStyle

If you build the layout in Visualizer, you can arrange the strings any way you want.  Then load the Visualization into SuperStar.

Is this the general idea of what you are trying to do?

CCB_tree_for_NJJJohn.png

Sorry for the crappy artwork...

Griswold Style and Jim,  Thank you for the quick response.  It looks like you both had the same idea and Jim, your drawing is spot on.  I am also getting myself familiar with Visualizer so I didn’t know it worked that way.  I am going to try and figure that end out and I should be able to because now I have a direction to go in.  Thank you for you help and guidance.

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJJohn said:

Griswold Style and Jim,  Thank you for the quick response.  It looks like you both had the same idea and Jim, your drawing is spot on.  I am also getting myself familiar with Visualizer so I didn’t know it worked that way.  I am going to try and figure that end out and I should be able to because now I have a direction to go in.  Thank you for you help and guidance.

John

Check out this video regarding building props... this is what helped me set up my own visualizer file this year for my singing Snowman. Then you should be able to import that into your visualizer file fixture, then load the visualizer file into Superstar like Jim advised. you might even be able to use his sketch as your background file to work from.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

It’s fairly easy in Visualizer, and I should be able to help you figure it out.  I still have S4 on one computer so in a pinch I can whip something up for you.  Your intended layout would result in a matrix that is 16 pixels wide and 12 high, but the spacing would be far greater vertically.  If I were in your position, I might look at using each string folded into three segments rather than four segments.  That would result in 16 pixels high by 12 wide.  Since the tree is presumably taller than it is wide, that may look better.  One of the general concepts with a matrix is to have vertical and horizontal spacing be the same.  Of course on a tree shaped matrix the ratio varies over the length of the tree, so you shoot for the equal spacing to be somewhere near the middle.  On my current 12 x 50 tree, the vertical spacing is 2.5 inches and the horizontal spacing is about 3/4 inch at the top and something like 7 or 8 inches at the bottom.

• The topic was locked