Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR1602MP3 and sd card problem

sibbs

We had our annual rock fest this year where I have a light show going on at our campsite.   First 2 nights it worked great,  the last 2 I only had music and no lights.    Any ideas wny?   I'm using the Kingston SD cards they sell on the LOR website.    Now that I'm home I made up another SD card, and that works fine.    

when we operate this at fest there's no scheduled time it runs,  I either power it on,  and push in the sd card,   or the sd card is already in when I power it on.      When I set up the show using LOR Hardware I select the LOR MP3 tab,  selected are Plays anytime powered (you provider timer),    Loop through showlist continuously ,   I then add the sequences,   and the I Create Show.

Do I need to place the SET TIME file on the SD card?     Then in the wizards I take the defaults.   Is that correct?

These are the steps I used in creating both SD cards,  is there any explanation why the first card worked for 2 days then stopped working?

I had this problem before on the LOR mini MP3 player. I would first check all the connections if you're getting music it's working. That's leaves it a communication issue. possibly change out the ethernet cable or check to make sure it didn't come unplugged or have a bent pin. 

There’s no Ethernet cable as it’s standalone, but next year I may bring the laptop as a backup.  

sorry I thought you meant the mini MP3 director to a controller I forgot the one you're talking about has everything built in.

As long as all the files get on the SD Card, and you're running the show when inserted or powered, the show should start as soon as everything is powered on.  If an issue occurs, sometimes you may have to reset the controller, reseat{remove and reinsert} the SD Card, however this starts the show over from the very beginning, or you may need to reset the MP3 unit, again, which will start the show from the beginning again.  

Unfortunately no way I know to avoid that using an SD Card and MP3 Director to run a show without redoing the SD card with just the show files to complete the original show.   

So when using Directors, you're kind of stuck if something needs to be reset or card taken out and reinserted when something might go awry during the show.

Hope this helps.  Having run a show for almost 4 years from an DC-MP3 Director, got a lot of experience with show failures and having to do the above to get things going again, sometimes even down to rewriting the show on several SD Cards, so if one failed for some reason, I always have a backup to restart the show over.

Good luck with the next campsite show.