Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 QUESTION FOR BOB /JOHN

buynow42

i read some where that s2 could be used to program and led sign is that correct.

also is their any way too use the beat wizzard with a mp3 or any other type of music type other then midi .

is there a manuel on s2 :shock:

thanks

buynow42

The manual is the help file (246 pages). There is a pdf of it on the LOR site, but don't remember the location. I have a copy of it, if you wish, I can e-mail it to you.

i read some where that s2 could be used to program and led sign is that correct.

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Could you please rephrase it? Thanks.

also is their any way too use the beat wizzard with a mp3 or any other type of music type other then midi .

The Beat Wizard can be used on MP3, WAV, and WMA files. It cannot be used on MIDI files. You're probably thinking of the MIDI Wizard, which can only be used on MIDI files.

is there a manuel on s2 :shock:

The help file that others have pointed out is probably your best bet.

what i was asking about is lor page for s2 says (tired of complicated programming or sending controllers for your animated electric signs use the sequence editor to design and test your animation and then download it into one of our etl safety aproved lighting controllers)

whats this

art:shock:

Sorry, I don't really know anything about electric signs. Perhaps someone else could answer this question. I guess it's just saying that it's easier to control them using LOR than it is to control them in some other way.

buynow42 wrote:

what i was asking about is lor page for s2 says (tired of complicated programming or sending controllers for your animated electric signs use the sequence editor to design and test your animation and then download it into one of our etl safety aproved lighting controllers)

whats this

art:shock:

Art,

This is referring to buisnesses who use the LOR software/hardware to do the big marquee signs. Not the LED scrolling signs.

Just to expand on controlling a scrolling LED with LOR. Once S2 supports RDS (Radio Data System) I was going to try to use it to send commands to my scrolling LED signs. I will have to add a second serial port to the PC or use a USB to RS232 adapter. The signs I have can be pre-programmed with multiple messages will then respond to commands on its serial port. In an earlier post Dan stated that the RDS data would come from plain text so I believe that this will work. Each song could be used to trigger different messages which could include the name of the song being played.

tom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked