Light-O-Rama Forums

Generation 1 or 2

I have a dozen or so ctb16pc controllers that i'm trying to figure out whether they are gen 1 or gen 2.  I know  that gen 3 controllers have the led light on the other side but what are the differences between gen 1 and 2? I'm not currently able to hook them up to lor software.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:11 AM, cconkol said:

I have a dozen or so ctb16pc controllers that i'm trying to figure out whether they are gen 1 or gen 2.  I know  that gen 3 controllers have the led light on the other side but what are the differences between gen 1 and 2? I'm not currently able to hook them up to lor software.

Should say right in the controller. Also some marked Gen 2 are actually Gen3’s. I have a few of them.

Instead of an

LCD light the gen 1’2’s will have the dome style (incandescent looking light)

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what the last revision of firmware is, but if the Gen 1 and Gen 2 controllers have been updated with the last firmware update, that's another way to tell.  The version or revision of the firmware should give an indication. 

I know all my controllers have 4.4.0 firmware, so I think they all all Gen 2 controllers if memory serves.  I'd have to re-investigate the firmware page on the LOR site to see what controllers it works in, I think Ver. 4.4.0 was for Gen 2, I had a Gen 1 at one time and could not install the 4.4.0 firmware in it. 

Other than that I think like someone else stated, I think it's etched on the PCB somewhere 

Just opened my CTB16PC boxes up, mine are etched on the PCB at the very bottom and centered, it's where the cat5 cables come in and the dangles and power cords exit the box. "CTB16PC   V2", not sure if V2 and Gen 2 mean the same thing or not.

• 2 years later...

I have a bunch of v1, v2 and v3's.

-What version is being made now?

-Firmware? I believe they are whatever come from LOR and I know have not been updated since 2015 if there was an update

-Do version's 1 & 2 work with all new software?

All the versions work with the S5 software. However, only version 3 controllers can operate on the High speed ELOR network,  This means no motion effects for those channels.I just leave mine on the old black adapter on the low speed settings.

Another 'test' is Gen 3 type will have a dimming curve setting of On/Off show up in HU

(I have 1 Gen 2, the rest are Gen 3)