Light-O-Rama Forums

Cant see the idmx1000 in the HWU, but the status light is solid

Will Richards

Iam trying to test my IDMX1000 with one of my strobe lights but the HWU cant see it, i have the cat5 plluged into it from my laptop then another cat5 going to my ctb-8, and the HWU can see the ctb-8 but it cant see the IDMX1000. But the weird thing is that the status light is on (both) but i can see the ctb-8 and not the IDMX1000.

Thanks for any Help,

-Will

Will,

Have you changed your maxunits to 240 and then clicked Refresh? Also you could just enter the unit ID (E0 by default from the factory). Make sure you are using the latest version of the hardware util. Try clocking on the Console Button, select iDMX-1000 as the controller type, and then enter E0 in the unit ID. This SHOULD let you control your lights.

D.T.

If you did not change your ID, DT's suggestion works. If you just go into the console, it will also work fine, be sure you set the controller correctly one in the console too.

• 4 weeks later...

musicdude wrote:

Iam trying to test my IDMX1000 with one of my strobe lights but the HWU cant see it, i have the cat5 plluged into it from my laptop then another cat5 going to my ctb-8, and the HWU can see the ctb-8 but it cant see the IDMX1000. But the weird thing is that the status light is on (both) but i can see the ctb-8 and not the IDMX1000.

Thanks for any Help,

-Will

Will, the HWU didn't see mine either, but it doesn't matter. Once you are in the in the console, just set the unit ID to E, (or E0 if you are using the extended circuit IDs and using LOR2), and you will be good to go.

This assumes you didn't change the ID in the IDMX to something different.

Greg

• The topic was locked