Light-O-Rama Forums

[Newbie Question] How do I see both the pixel editor and sequence editor animations in one window?

Kennan

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

Individual pixels are just single bulbs in Visualizer.  Strings of pixels are just that - strings.  I have S5 on this computer, so I can't tell you exactly what the icon looks like, but it's one of the icons for different light types.

So, does the visualizer run only through SE, meaning that I have to somehow (I'm pretty sure I know how) merge the PE sequence w/ the SE sequence?

Yes.  PE uses a Preview, but that is only for stuff in PE, just as SuperStar has it's own visualization (although that is derived from a Visualizer file).  Sequence Editor and the Show Player can drive Visualizer.

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Yes.  PE uses a Preview, but that is only for stuff in PE, just as SuperStar has it's own visualization (although that is derived from a Visualizer file).  Sequence Editor and the Show Player can drive Visualizer.

Ok, and you merge the sequences using intensity files if I am correct?

Pixel editor will preview props sequenced in superstar. I generally sequence my 12 string ccr tree in superstar then play that sequence in pixel editor as I sequence my other pixel props in pixel editor than your able to watch everything sequenced in PE.  SE.  And Superstar. on pixel editor preview screen ,been doing it this way since PE started 

Edited by Dennis Laff