Light-O-Rama Forums

Question

Arthur Kleiderer

Ok so i can control DMX w/ LOR. Now my question is: After running the show off a computer, can i somehow hand the cables over to our Lighting tech who runs the DMX board for him to control the lights during the show.

BTW i run my show as the opener to a christmas production, and the director is looking for seemless transitions in color etc. between scenes.

So you want to have a LOR show, then after the 'show', have a live DMX input? (All in one Christmas Program?)

Sure you can do that. Just unplug the DMX cable from the LOR box and plug it into the DMX board or whatever the Lighting tech is using.

I'm not sure if the fixtures 'reset' if they're switched b/t Inputs....like they're go through they're opening cycle. You'll want to do some testing with it just to make sure!

Arthur,

I am not all up on the DMX stuff as far as "masters" as far as IF you could have your console and the LOR computer active on the DMX network at the same time. Worse case would be to plug/unplug, but this option would give you the ability to control LOR Channels and boards via DMX. Others may be able to chime in on that.

I think this link might possibly come in helpful.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum55/16259.html

Chuck

• The topic was locked