Light-O-Rama Forums

cant get ccr tree to work in pe

basic

hello all happy new years,,Im haveing this problem for 3 weeks.. Now everytime i put my crr tree sequence  in the grid and try to play it out side noting gos on .,,I HAVE THE BLUE LIGHT BULD ON and check it in the pe control and marked it out too be in pe not in sequence  ..any help please

So many questions you have left unanswered:

What software version?

What is your license level?

Are you using actual LOR CCRs? Actual CCRs from LOR are one small control box and one ribbon so for a 16 ribbon tree you would have 16 small control boxes and 16 individual ribbons connected to them. I only state this because so many call smart ribbons CCRs when they actually aren't, there is a difference.

Have you ensured that your channel config is correct?

Have you set up your network preferences?

There are more but lets start with these.

im useing 4.3.4 pro its the lor ccr 12 ribbons. my channel config is good. i been playing my show good with the ccr tree but its under seq.editer not in  pe .my goal is just to put out the tree in pe only  that all 

You are further than me.  I can't get PE to do anything.  Nada.  I am a tech geek,  and work with many complicated software packages, but this........I can not figure out the first step after launching it.  i wish there were videos that went over the most basic steps.  All seem to be for those that have already figured out how to load what they need in it.  I have yet to see one that starts at STEP 1.

1 minute ago, Dcroc said:

You are further than me.  I can't get PE to do anything.  Nada.  I am a tech geek,  and work with many complicated software packages, but this........I can not figure out the first step after launching it.  i wish there were videos that went over the most basic steps.  All seem to be for those that have already figured out how to load what they need in it.  I have yet to see one that starts at STEP 1.

Here is a tutorial for the tree:

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/PEwithPixelTree16x25-RevA.pdf

Here are videos for PE:

26 minutes ago, Dcroc said:

Woohoo!  Another tech geek that can't figure out PE!  Must be a logic thing.  As far as I'm concerned, PE requires some very backward thinking.  The workflow is backwards to me in a lot of ways.  I wonder if you are getting caught up in the same way because of your tech background?

11 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Woohoo!  Another tech geek that can't figure out PE!  Must be a logic thing.  As far as I'm concerned, PE requires some very backward thinking.  The workflow is backwards to me in a lot of ways.  I wonder if you are getting caught up in the same way because of your tech background?

I was using Xlights for years before PE came out so it was not that difficult since they are so similar.

45 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I was using Xlights for years before PE came out so it was not that difficult since they are so similar.

Pixel editor was super easy for me. Actually I think it was the easiest program I ever used for sequencing. I think S5 will also be easy. My issue with S5 is I spent a lot of time using superstar on a prop this past year that S5 just can't seem to get right. When I insert effects from superstar on that prop it doesn't look anything like the original effects. If I switch to S5 I think I will need to program the prop all over in S5. One other issue I have with S5 is I sequenced all of my arches, candy canes, and glow trees in Superstar. When I place those items into a group and try to insert effects i get an error that my grid needs changed. I think Brian said this was a superstar problem and will be fixed.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, Dcroc said:

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, k6ccc said:

I'll join the club. My profession is Information Technology, and I am a tech geek as well. I just do not get Pixel Editor ... it seems totally foreign to me. Sort of like a blank sheet of paper but I just don't know how to create something. When creating complex requirements specifications, architecture diagrams, software security specifications and object oriented software designs, I can start from a blank sheet of paper without a problem. SuperStar is not a problem for me and I have gravitated to this tool for all my pixel sequencing thus far. PE? I am totally lost ... I can't even get my brain wrapped around how to sequence an arch for 30 seconds.

• Confused 1

Gosh... I am in the same boat as you guys. Network admin by trade and can't get started with PE either...

It really isn't that difficult once you wrap your head around the concept, you create a new sequence either musical or animation. Then you have to manage or create your previews (props) and select the previews or props you want added in the sequence. A preview can be an entire scene such as your entire house and yard all in one scene as in a visualiser pic or you can add individual props such as arches or mega tree. Personally I add things as props such as windows, eaves, bushes, arches and mega tree that way I can select individually what I would like to add to the sequence. Or you can place them in groups and add them all together.

Edited by Mr. P

36 minutes ago, mwilson6192 said:

I'll join the club. My profession is Information Technology, and I am a tech geek as well. I just do not get Pixel Editor ... it seems totally foreign to me. Sort of like a blank sheet of paper but I just don't know how to create something. When creating complex requirements specifications, architecture diagrams, software security specifications and object oriented software designs, I can start from a blank sheet of paper without a problem. SuperStar is not a problem for me and I have gravitated to this tool for all my pixel sequencing thus far. PE? I am totally lost ... I can't even get my brain wrapped around how to sequence an arch for 30 seconds.

Another (ex NAVY radar ET) techie here that just does not get it.  Power, Data, Audio  ... Easy-Peasy.   Monochrome or dumb RGB: yes .  Pixels: Duh!

Once you add your props or previews to the sequence the props are listed down the left side instead of channels as in SE. You will actually be sequencing the prop in its intirety instead of individual channels.