Light-O-Rama Forums

SE & PE Can't Get Along

JPTXPilot

OK - So I've been able to successfully get my props to work in Pixel Editor (PE) and they behave well when controlling them in playback from PE.   I also have my sequence with LOR working successfully and can get it to play back in Sequence Editor (SE).  However when I save my intensity file, then save the file from PE - then open it in SE, nothing works.   Nothing.   The only way I can get my lights to work is turning them all on in the hardware editor (or playing back in SE or PE.  It doesn't like both.  Any ideas are welcome!

When you open a sequence in PE, it prompts you for an LMS or LAS file. This should be the *exact* same file you are editing in SE. So after you have saved the intensity data file and open the sequence in SE, you should see a row like the attached picture at the very end of sequence. Are you seeing that?

Getting the pixels to play from PE is the first step - you are on the right track!

Matt

SE-PE_props_track.png

Yes -- I do see this track when I open it in SE.  However nothing can be controlled.  It's weird because all the circuits work in hardware utility and the LMS file works before I open it in E, then save intensity file, and then save and open up in SE again -- that's when nothing will drive the lights.  I've event tried to just add it to a show file and then enable a show on demand to see if it is something weird about SE - but am stumped.   I feel like I'm am just one quick fix away, just can't see that fix yet :).LOR.thumb.JPG.e20f1b84db8a4e214fcae8f79c901d94.JPG

1) After starting the LOR Control Panel, the Comm Listener window (CL icon) should show all 3 of those ports being opened successfully.

2) Have you run the LOR Verifier on the sequence? It should show no channel conflicts. The channels for the 2 props you defined in the Pixel Editor should not appear in your SE sequence.

3) Are the Hardware Utility and Pixel Editor closed when you try to play from SE? Is the LOR light bulb icon in the system tray *red* when you try to play (no shows scheduled)?

Matt

scanned the sequence twice w/ verifier and came up clean both times.   I did close the Pixel Editor and Sequence Editor when playing.  The red bulb is on when I attempt.  Thanks for the tips.  I ran through each of them.  

listen.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

So - the end problem was my adapter.   I looked inside the old one and there was 2 pins that were shredded.  New adapter fixed the problem.