Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB-24D Only Reds coming on

DocBrown86

I have used this controller for 3 years now, and suddenly this year when I hooked up the RGB Floods (4 of them) only the reds are lighting up...

I am getting 12V to all the colors at the lights. I even used a new fixture to be sure I didn't fry them all.

Any thoughts? It's always worked great and the controller has always been indoors...

That seems to be a very unlikely failure mode.

I know you have used this arrangement before, but verify the wiring (especially if it's not a quick disconnect for all four wires at once).

Try it with the Hardware Utility to make sure a sequence did not get re-arranged.

58 minutes ago, DocBrown86 said:

I have used this controller for 3 years now, and suddenly this year when I hooked up the RGB Floods (4 of them) only the reds are lighting up...

I am getting 12V to all the colors at the lights. I even used a new fixture to be sure I didn't fry them all.

Any thoughts? It's always worked great and the controller has always been indoors...

The CMB24 puts GROUND on the R G and B.  +12V feeds the floods.

If you mis-spoke, then take a jumper wire and connect 1 end to V- and touch the other end to the screw of each G and B (and R) with the plug connected

CAREFUL TO NOT TOUCH THE 12+

If the colors light, you may have fried the MOSFETS.  (overloaded with multiple floods? or shorts to 12V+)

Edited by TheDucks

If you need a quick portable way to test dumb 12V rgb lights, get a 9 V battery and attach leads to the terminals.

• The topic was locked