Light-O-Rama Forums

Show played that's not on schedule

greenie95125

I ran into something interesting the other night. I didn't find a similar issue using search, so here I am. I looked at my log one day, and I saw the usual at 10 pm... show entering shut down mode etc, followed by another show starting at 11:58 PM and ending at 12:04 am. That is in fact a short new years eve show (countdown) that I played last year (new years.lss). That show is most certainly not on my schedule for the current season. I checked with my security camera, and sure enough the lights were doing blinky-blinky at midnight. I had a few days worth of logs so I looked back and it hadn't happened before. To be safe, I changed the extension of that show just in case the scheduler tried to load it again. So far, no attempts have been made to run that show. Has anyone else run across this before? Cue up Twilight Zone music. I'm running 4.3.24 pro of the suite. Certainly not an earth-shattering issue, but more of a curiosity. Thanks

-Mike 

Check the calendar schedule (not the weekly) to make sure you had not left something floating around there.

9 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Check the calendar schedule (not the weekly) to make sure you had not left something floating around there.

I had checked that already, and nothing there. I've never used the calendar schedule, so I'd really be surprised if it showed up there. Thanks though, Jim.

-Mike

A show that short may not even show up on the scheduler since it is so short. So it may not look like it is there but it may actually be there, try to delete anything in that time frame.

13 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

A show that short may not even show up on the scheduler since it is so short. So it may not look like it is there but it may actually be there, try to delete anything in that time frame.

That's probably a great idea, but how would I delete anything if I can't see it? Is there a text based file where the scheduler stores the data. I added a 4 minute show in the calendar, and you're right it didn't show. They only way I knew it was there was by scheduling another show were the time overlapped, and I got the conflict error. The only way I got rid of it was by using the revert button. Thanks for jumping in.

-Mike

Look for weeksched.lsc and yearsched.lsc in your Light-O-Rama directory.  They will be the directory above Audio, Sequences etc.  That is where scheduling information is stored.  Worst case, if you rename or remove them you can start over and recreate your schedule to eliminate any possibility of there being a remnant of an old show.

Edited by basis21b
Correct reference to files

3 hours ago, greenie95125 said:

That's probably a great idea, but how would I delete anything if I can't see it? Is there a text based file where the scheduler stores the data.

I have been known to have show schedules as short as 1 minute.  If you are VERY careful, you can select them, but about the only way is to put the mouse pointer just below where you think it is, and right click.  If you get an option to "add", you're not there.  Move the mouse pointer one pixel, and try the right click again.  When you get the option to delete, you know you're there - select delete.

1 hour ago, basis21b said:

Look for weeksched.lsc and yearsched.lsc in your Light-O-Rama directory.  They will be the directory above Audio, Sequences etc.  That is where scheduling information is stored.

As a general rule of thumb, yearsched.lsc can just be deleted since most (if not all) scheduled events will be in the past. 

If you are careful, you can manually edit the file too.  WARNING, what I am going to tell you is not supported by LOR, and a single character wrong can make the file not readable.  Open the yearsched.lsc with a text editor (I use Notepad) - DO NOT USE a Word Processor such as Word.  Below is the first line of my yearsched.lsc file:

((2012-09-25,((255600,2,(, 0,L:\Sequences\Evening test 2012-09-25.lss),253800))),(2012-10-28,((84600,2

The file begins with an open Parentheses and then each event also begins with an open Parentheses.  After that will be the date, a comma, two open Parentheses and the number of seconds from the beginning of Sunday until the END of the show.  255600 seconds is 71 hours so that means that the show ends at 11:00 PM on Tuesday evening.  After that is this string, that I have never bothered to figure out ",2,(, 0," and then the filename of the show followed by a close Parentheses and a comma.  At the end is the number of seconds from the beginning of Sunday until the START of the show.  253800 is 70 hours 30 minutes so this test show ran from 10:30 PM until 11:00 PM on Tuesday 25 September 2012.  Then three close parenthesis and last is a comma that separates one event from the next event.  You can look through the file and at least see if there is something there.  If you're careful, you can edit the file.  I suggest making a copy before you do.

The weeksched.lsc is similar except there is no date.  Here is the first part of mine currently:

((56760,2,(, 0,L:\Sequences\Relay pulser.lss),56700),(142800,2,(, 0,L:\Sequences\Christmas 2017\MiipShow.lss),57000),

This decodes to my Relay pulser.lss show runs from 3:45:00 - 3:46:00 PM on Sunday followed by MiipShow.lss that runs from 3:50:00 PM Sunday until 3:40:00 PM on Monday.  There are similar entries for the same two shows each day of the week.  And yes, highlighting that one minute show is a bitch, but I did it following my instructions in my first paragraph.

Edited by k6ccc

9 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I have been known to have show schedules as short as 1 minute.  If you are VERY careful, you can select them, but about the only way is to put the mouse pointer just below where you think it is, and right click.  If you get an option to "add", you're not there.  Move the mouse pointer one pixel, and try the right click again.  When you get the option to delete, you know you're there - select delete.

As a general rule of thumb, yearsched.lsc can just be deleted since most (if not all) scheduled events will be in the past. 

If you are careful, you can manually edit the file too.  WARNING, what I am going to tell you is not supported by LOR, and a single character wrong can make the file not readable.  Open the yearsched.lsc with a text editor (I use Notepad) - DO NOT USE a Word Processor such as Word.  Below is the first line of my yearsched.lsc file:

((2012-09-25,((255600,2,(, 0,L:\Sequences\Evening test 2012-09-25.lss),253800))),(2012-10-28,((84600,2

The file begins with an open Parentheses and then each event also begins with an open Parentheses.  After that will be the date, a comma, two open Parentheses and the number of seconds from the beginning of Sunday until the END of the show.  255600 seconds is 71 hours so that means that the show ends at 11:00 PM on Tuesday evening.  After that is this string, that I have never bothered to figure out ",2,(, 0," and then the filename of the show followed by a close Parentheses and a comma.  At the end is the number of seconds from the beginning of Sunday until the START of the show.  253800 is 70 hours 30 minutes so this test show ran from 10:30 PM until 11:00 PM on Tuesday 25 September 2012.  Then three close parenthesis and last is a comma that separates one event from the next event.  You can look through the file and at least see if there is something there.  If you're careful, you can edit the file.  I suggest making a copy before you do.

The weeksched.lsc is similar except there is no date.  Here is the first part of mine currently:

((56760,2,(, 0,L:\Sequences\Relay pulser.lss),56700),(142800,2,(, 0,L:\Sequences\Christmas 2017\MiipShow.lss),57000),

This decodes to my Relay pulser.lss show runs from 3:45:00 - 3:46:00 PM on Sunday followed by MiipShow.lss that runs from 3:50:00 PM Sunday until 3:40:00 PM on Monday.  There are similar entries for the same two shows each day of the week.  And yes, highlighting that one minute show is a bitch, but I did it following my instructions in my first paragraph.

I recommend Notepad++  (has Programmer features) and will pretty parse XML files (the kind used by LOR). It is free .

Thanks for all that info Jim, and it provides a clue. Yearsched.lsc is very short with an old halloween show, but  weeksched.lsc contains text of the show that ran:

(432300,2,(, 0,C:\LOR 2014\Sequences\new years.lss),431937) *partial of that file* The only other shows in the file are the ones currently used for this year's show.

As you said, no date with the weeksched file, but it's there. If I delete weeksched, will the schedule editor rebuild it when I re-set up my schedule? My weekly schedule is very simple, so it not a large amount of work by any stretch. I'm glad to know where it came from, and if deleting that file has no ill effects apart having to re-enter the schedule times, then I don't really care how it happened. I just don't want it to happen again. Many thanks.

-Mike

Glad you were able to spot it.  No, if you delete weeksched.lsc, you wipe out your entire schedule.  For most people, that actually is not a big problem as it's pretty easy to rebuild.

9 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Glad you were able to spot it.  No, if you delete weeksched.lsc, you wipe out your entire schedule.  For most people, that actually is not a big problem as it's pretty easy to rebuild.

That's exactly what I'll do then. Thanks, Jim.

-Mike