Light-O-Rama Forums

I need help with an 16 channel LOR1602W

James Shelby

This controller is 7 of 9 and 1-6 and 8-9 work fine. I noticed no matter what the dip switch setting you have the card on it will not come up in HU. So I plugged it in by itself the address never changes so I forced it in the HU and it worked until you run the show. All channels are crossed with each other. Today I had time to change the card with a new one and same problem, can't find it in HU and all 16 channels are crossed up. Sounds like a comm problem but all other controllers work great. Please help soon.

The address is set by the two dials on the card, so I'm a little surprised that you could change it via the HU (and I wouldn't expect it to retain it's settings after being powered off/on).  Remember that the dial settings are in decimal while the controller address is in Hex (so a dial setting of 10 is a controller address of 0A).

Not sure if this helps at all.

This is my 11th season with LOR. 

With this controller, number 7 of 9, in the mix with the other 8 controllers it can not be found. I pulled it out, pulled it directly into the computer and it can be found but with a different address than the two dials on the card. Using the hardware utility I can change the address and now find all nine controllers in that network but all 16 channels misfire and act confused. The other 8 controllers work as expected. The big problem is when I pulled that card out and replaced it, the second controller acts the same way. My next move to replace it with a 16 channel PC controller and see if that will get me through the season. Makes me go hummmmmmmm. Could the ISO dongle be causing a problem, don't think so because the other 8 controllers work fine.

Just a couple of thoughts

Have you tried to connect controller 6 to controller 8 and look at the network with hardware utility? There might be a comm port issue on controller 6. If there is a bad port you can make it the last controller in the daisy chain since it will not need to pass data out.

Also, place controller 7 in a different place in the daisy chain and test.

I agree with jfuller8400 about setting the controller ID with Hardware utility. I do not think that it will result in a permanent change.

Have you tried to reset the controller? Power off/ set ID to 00 / power on for 15 sec or so/ power off/ set desired ID/ test

I have a controller where the unit ID is stuck on 05. Nothing that I tried would change it. I just changed the controller ID in my sequences to match the stuck 05. Working fine ever since.

Hope this helps

I've tried everything. But I think as do you the problem could be somewhere else but that is crazy with all the other cards working fine. I took a 16 channel CTB and put snubbers on it and it's working perfect now. If it makes it to the end of the year I will tear into it more. 

Follow the reset process for the controller, then set the dials to the address you want.

One time i managed to use the hardware utility to change the address of one of those controllers by accident.