Light-O-Rama Forums

Papagayo issues. BobO help

Box on Rails

Thanks for verifying this is still the latest for this step in the process.  I guess I just make sure my SE file has the items in the proper order and then import the file. Will give it a try.   

is there a video showing how to create another face (Mrs Claus from Coro) to put in the ppgo file so I can do that face?   Maybe it’s out there but I can’t seem to find it.   Thanks Bob!

To add a Ms Claus  to papagayo you will need to create each of the 10 phonemes images with the proper names in their own folder.   This only works for the older versions but it will also work for the translator. 

PapagayoMouths.jpg

Hey Don     I just took a peek at the ms claus face.   Its has a very limited mouth.   Papagayo has 10 mouth shapes and the typical animated light face will compress that down to 5 mouths.  To do this the O and U use the same circle mouth and the FV and MBP use the same closed mouth as the rest.    People using pixels can have 10 different shapes to result in a more natural mouth movements.    Ms Claus has only two shapes,  open and closed.    Your SE config will have only two channels for this.     It will be very hard to animate this kind of face using papagayo.      Any voice sound will be open and all silence will be closed.   I hate to discourage your interest in papagayo, but it may be much easier to do this type of face the JR way, directly into SE.   

83-2T.jpg?v-cache=1333573619

4 hours ago, Donl1150 said:

Thanks for verifying this is still the latest for this step in the process.  I guess I just make sure my SE file has the items in the proper order and then import the file. Will give it a try.   

is there a video showing how to create another face (Mrs Claus from Coro) to put in the ppgo file so I can do that face?   Maybe it’s out there but I can’t seem to find it.   Thanks Bob!

I never attempted to sequence a 3 channel face in papagayo. As Bob mentioned above it would be easier to do this on your own. It takes a min to figure out how to get the effects to appear as they should but once you sequence a few it gets easier.

Here is the 3 channel Santa. I did this sequence for a young man here last month or so. This is the longest 3 channel face sequence I have done, it is a beautiful song and will make the show this year. This song was so good I did the radio version, this live version (as requested by the forum member) in all RGB LOR Singing Quartet, 8 channel character faces, Santa face.

I wont mention the members name but if he reads this he might reply.

If you venture out to do this my way after Halloween I can give you a quick class or you can attend one of my classes on zoom. But I cant do anything until after Halloween.

Put wrong vide, will update in a second.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Very nice!  I am using that exact Santa in a couple of different songs.  Having a little bit of a struggle manually getting it to look good.  I will likely try to connect after Halloween with you.  In the meantime, I think I will try ppgo on it.

16 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

wow I am getting old.   This video is 7 years old now.   The programs look different but this still gets the point across. 

I guess I must be really slow at this stuff.  Your video doesn't help me much Bob.  When I run the PapagaoToLOR file, I simply don't know what to put in the 10x6 matrix box that pops up.  Here is my channel layout for the Singing Tree...

Channel Controls
1 Outline
2 Eyes
3 Eye Lids
4 Top Lip
5 Mid Lip
6 Bottom Lip
7 O Mouth
8 Oval Mouth

I assume I put the channel number in the boxes but I don't know what channel number to put in the boxes.  Do you have to fill in all 60 boxes?  Confused for sure.....

These are the wrong channels for Ms Claus.   You dont have a mid lip or O mouth.   Just open and closed.    Ms Claus is lacking the ability to display O mouth  and all the others. 

HC specifies the Ms Claus channels this way. 

318 bulbs outline, face, glasses 
62 bulbs eyes-both (blue)
18 bulbs nose (pink)
20 bulbs ear rings-both (lime green)
15 bulbs flower center-all three (orange)
140 bulbs flower petals-all (red)
49 bulbs mouth open (red)
38 bulbs mouth closed (green)

The reds here are open and greens are closed.

MsClausMouth.jpg

IF the channels Ms Claus needed were the list you provided they would be entered something like this.   Almost no one ever needs C3-C6. 

When the shape can be made by one channel you enter that in C1.   If the shape needs two channels you enter them in C1 & C2. 

PapagayoToLOR%20sample.jpg

OP- I will be able to show you the very easy way to convert any 5 mouth singing face sequence you have in to the 2 movement mouth you need after HAlloween. If you need to just sequence them normally you will 1- have them if you ever get the 5 channle movement faces and 2- convert them to your movement 3- learn how to use papagayo 

Bob- my friend I am getting/ feeling older as well. S5

JR

Edited by dibblejr

5 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

OP- I will be able to show you the very easy way to convert any 5 mouth singing face sequence you have in to the 2 movement mouth you need after HAlloween. If you need to just sequence them normally you will 1- have them if you ever get the 5 channle movement faces and 2- convert them to your movement 3- learn how to use papagayo 

Bob- my friend I am getting/ feeling older as well. S5

JR

Thks dibblejr!   I will take you up on that offer after Halloween. 
don

• The topic was locked