Light-O-Rama Forums

Papagayo issues. BobO help

Box on Rails

I am having issues with the Papagayo program. When I try to drag a phrase by clicking and holding the left mouse button the phrase gets erased as soon as I move the mouse to drag it. anyone else had this happen? BobO what do you think????

Never seen that behavior.    It would be bad to erase/delete a phrase because there is no way to insert a new replacement phrase.   Unless you have also discovered that. :)

8 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Never seen that behavior.    It would be bad to erase/delete a phrase because there is no way to insert a new replacement phrase.   Unless you have also discovered that. :)

Yes that is true but after the phrase disappears I can hit the breakdown button and it comes back. the real problem is It won't let me stretch or move any of the phrases to line them up. I can still stretch the word blocks. Ihave another computer I will load the program onto later today and see what happens. more to come. 

What version of Papagayo are you using?  I had tried using 2.0b1 but had a lot of issues and ended up going back to 1.3.5.3.  

• 1 year later...

Having similar problems with Papagayo, especially with V2.0b1 so reinstalled 1.3.5.3..  After several words, cannot drag the  next word to the left any further. Definitely a newbie on this, so probably something I have overlooked  -- NEVER minds, appears if I put more of the verse on a single line in the breakdown box it works

Edited by jwblazek
Found issue, added solution

• 1 year later...

Is there a newer version of the PapagayoToLOR.exe program, just tried to run it and crashed.

image.png.52b324c67562ed6853af1ae26e52fe46.png

The Directory I'm running this is the same dir. of the error message. If the source code is available maybe I can fix this error. I do have experience with Visual Basic and VB.net..

I have the Light-o-Rama singing faces and would like to try and learn how to sequence these, I am aware that there is a function is superstar that will auto sequence these, I have tried this and ... well .. in my personal opinion ... Not great results, the "Oh" mouth movement is totally ignored. 

I am running the newest ver. for LOR on Windows 10.

Any help, hints, or tricks would greatly be appreciated...

Thanks

Mike.

Bob-O here.        PapagayoToLOR is in active use.  I will be happy to look into any bugs and fix them if needed.    For this error what preceded the message?   Did you select a dat file to read?

Hi Bob.. thanks for your help.. the only thing I did was double click on the PapagayoToLOR.exe file to run it and then I got the error message, did not give me a chance to do anything else..

Thank you..

Mike..

Edited by mike carlson

I had great luck with the super star auto face I don't do it like Brian instruction it is very important to get the voice isolated I use a commercial program it works great  so much faster doing a face turns out great

• Sad 1

Ahh  yes   the old PapagayoToLor needs to find the mouth images which are used by Papagayo.   Its searching for them and clearly did not do it right.  This is related to running it from D instead of C:\Program files (x86).   You probably have papagayo on D also.

I will fix up the program but I cant do it this week.     To work around you need to create a registry entry which holds the folder name where mouth images exist.    You will only have to do this once. 

You will need to create PapagayoToLOR and then Settings under it.   

OR you can put the below into a file with extension .reg and just click on

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\PapagayoToLOR\Settings]
"MouthPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Papagayo\\mouths"                    <-- set to where your mouths folder is.

• Like 1

Hi Bob.. Got it to work using the .reg file. However Got another error message when I clicked on "View",  not sure if this a show stopper or not..

I also re-installed Papagayo to the default Dir on C Program files..

image.png.0bb8fcdd540ff986c62dfe0dcd2f0d7e.png

Now I just need to go through your video to figure out how to used it..

Thanks-you very much...

Have a super great weekend..

Mike.

This is what you are supposed to see.   A list of the available mouths.    Not a show stopper at all.   Just something that papagayo itself should be able to do which it did not.   

I am sure this snag is due to permissions on where the html file is created.   I will fix both problems which do not impact my setup so thank you for pointing them out. 

PapaFaces.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 12/2/2017 at 9:24 PM, Box on Rails said:

I am having issues with the Papagayo program. When I try to drag a phrase by clicking and holding the left mouse button the phrase gets erased as soon as I move the mouse to drag it. anyone else had this happen? BobO what do you think????

I am new to this but I have the same issue.  When I click and drag to the right, I expect it to move all the song phrases to the right.  It doesn't.  Only moves one phrase and it collapses as it moves right thus ruining that phrase.  I am using version 1.3.5.3

I did get the LOR faces into the proper folder so ppgo picks up the faces.  Also, trying to find help on what to do once you get everything lined up properly and the faces are working properly.  How do you get that file in the the SE and assigned to the proper channels in SE?  Can't find any discussion about that.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Don

3 hours ago, Donl1150 said:

I am new to this but I have the same issue.  When I click and drag to the right, I expect it to move all the song phrases to the right.  It doesn't.  Only moves one phrase and it collapses as it moves right thus ruining that phrase.  I am using version 1.3.5.3

I did get the LOR faces into the proper folder so ppgo picks up the faces.  Also, trying to find help on what to do once you get everything lined up properly and the faces are working properly.  How do you get that file in the the SE and assigned to the proper channels in SE?  Can't find any discussion about that.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Don

Bobs conversion tool (pgo to LOR) should be on his site and will get you to the clipboard in SE once you are finished with papagayo. I havent used it in years but yes, when you drag the words over I always moved mine to the left and dragged to the right. It was much easier. You can garble the words if you hit another section of words but you can un garbel them by stretching them back out. I have never seen words "ruined".

Once you get them in to SE you still have to clean them up.

Try moving everything to the right and dragging to the left. You may find that it works better. Or it could be I am the opposite of everyone else.

I find free hand sequencing very easy and I never have to go back and clean up my sequences. I can do multiple sequences per day if I want to and depending on the sequences. No timings, no wizzards, no tricks. Just me , me headset and my mouse.

Papagayo is a good start though.

Two post above yours is Bobs link to the pgotoLOR tool

JR 

Edited by dibblejr

JR has the ear for free hand and I do not have ear or patience for free hand.  However I will attest to the awesome accuracy of papagayo.   I have never had to 'clean up' anything in SE so I dont know to what JR is referring.    There are several versions of papagayo floating out there and each has its own quirks.   To move the phrase you click in the middle.  To stretch or shrink you click on an end and the words do get jumbled badly as it tries to scale them.   The first thing to do is align your phrases before doing any words.    Then align the words and finally align the sounds within each word.   If you dont do it in this order you will have to re do it as you have learned.  

• Like 1

Thanks Bob.  I finally figured out how to match things up ...... first with phrases, then words, then sounds within the words.  I can see how this will produce great shows!

On to the next step.  I did the export voice to file and then import to translator, but now I am lost.  What do I do now?  I see there is an export to LOR clipboard button but nothing happens.  I assume I have to do something in the matrix on the left but don't know what the C1 - C6 means.  Can you help me out?

Also, how do I get a new face into faces list in Papagayo?  I have a Coro Mrs. Santa this year.  I did a fairly nice viz file in LOR.  Does that come into play when adding a new face to PPGO? 

Thanks!!

Don

20 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Bobs conversion tool (pgo to LOR) should be on his site and will get you to the clipboard in SE once you are finished with papagayo. I havent used it in years but yes, when you drag the words over I always moved mine to the left and dragged to the right. It was much easier. You can garble the words if you hit another section of words but you can un garbel them by stretching them back out. I have never seen words "ruined".

Once you get them in to SE you still have to clean them up.

Try moving everything to the right and dragging to the left. You may find that it works better. Or it could be I am the opposite of everyone else.

I find free hand sequencing very easy and I never have to go back and clean up my sequences. I can do multiple sequences per day if I want to and depending on the sequences. No timings, no wizzards, no tricks. Just me , me headset and my mouse.

Papagayo is a good start though.

Two post above yours is Bobs link to the pgotoLOR tool

JR 

Thanks JR..  I finally got things figured out on how to use PPGO.  First phrases, then words, then sounds.  Stuck on the next step using the translator though.  I can import to it but then I am lost.

Don

wow I am getting old.   This video is 7 years old now.   The programs look different but this still gets the point across. 

• Like 1