Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR AND Holiday coro dmx

kiwixmas

had a acomputer crash  earlier this year and though i had saved all files !

my problem is  i use lor   usb 485b connector for lor boards and use Holiday coro acti dongle for all my dmx units ( all seqences are run in animation )

cant get any dmx units to work 

??

get an error message in lor listener post  = DMX LISTENER ERROR 3  , COMM WINSOCK ERROR  /10053 connection is aborted due to time out or other failure??

the holiday coro dongle  has dmx signal light flashing ?/ ( pretty that means  it is receiving data ?? ( IS THIS CORRECT )

any help would be great 

thanks 

peter

just found the problem with the above  lor listener  found I had not entered the proper protocol in dmx in preference  tab 

peter

• 2 weeks later...

Peter, I am curious.  Are you using two different usb ports on your computer or a hub? One for LOR RS485 adapter and One for Holiday Coro Actidongle 2?  What are you using the dmx actidongle for?  Moving head spot lights?  Are you using the 3 pin XLR plug or the Ethernet port?  I guess your software is advanced or pro.  Thanks

Ross

6 hours ago, Crimson Lane Lights Etown said:

Are you using two different usb ports on your computer or a hub? One for LOR RS485 adapter and One for Holiday Coro Actidongle 2? 

Should not make any difference.  If you use a USB hub, I do generally recommend a powered hub rather than an un-powered hub.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked