Light-O-Rama Forums

About to pull my Hair out with these pixie units

Brianc_1978

Ok I can not figure this out. Here is my setup

Software is S5 v5.0.14

I have 3 LOR1602Wg3 controllers

2-Pixie 2d controllers (one is not hooked up)

I have the Pixon16 with 16 Ribbon lights

The 3 pixie controllers were already pre-wired

Currently the Pixon16 is run on Ethernet to a router on it's on network

The Pixie 2d is currently on my desk hooked up directly to the USB485b adapter.

The Lor1602Wg3 controllers are working just fine and I have them going through the ELL

Now for the Problems: (yes I said problemS)

First Christmas is right around the corner and I don't have this expensive setup running yet. I previously ran with my own lights. The pixie controllers (all 3) were added just recently

The pixie is showing up as unit 4 in HU. I can control this unit in HU and using the pixie console but I can not in SE Here is the configuration: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iykzcwpqmzn2p99/Star.png?dl=0

Here is the link to the pictures

The next problem is that I have the pixon16 working through ethernet, however I can't use the laptop I wanted to because of a video card. I have to use my desktop, so I'd like to use the ELL through the LOR network with it but I Can't see to get it configured w/ the LOR network. Currently I would be happy fixing problem #1. All help is appreciated 

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Brianc_1978
fixed the link

I don't know about a Pixie2, but the 4,8,16 want to be on a 500K  (the RED adapter) network, which is way faster than your other controllers run

Start with this page as a useful reference:  http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

Your 1602Wg3 will run at 500K network speed and on an Enhanced network.  The Pixie controllers require 500K or 1000K network speed and can use an Enhanced network.  Neither requires an Enhanced network.  You can not get an ELL to run at 500K network speed under any circumstances.  So if you increase your network speed to 500K (requires a Red High Speed USB to RS-485 adapter), you should be able to run the Pixie and 1602 controllers on the same LOR network, and then use Ethernet for your Pixcon 16.  You would need to run it over cable and not use the ELLs.

BTW, your pre-existing controller is a Pixcon 16, not a Pixon 16.

I suggest you try setting your pixie controller in SE first and import into PE. PE makes it to difficult. I have assisted probably 50 members probably more  with their pixie controller. Trying to set it up in PE takes an already confusing (to the new pixie user) situation and compounding on it in PE.

I posted a thread 2 weeks or so ago "Pixie configuration tips and advice" it will probably get your pixie up and running.

BTW- if your new pixie controller has dip switches turn the factory preset switch (probably the only switch in its current position) to be the same. Factory set is at 01, HU will see it and you can control it all day but since you already have a Unit 01 the pixie will not work outside of HU.

When that dip switch is active you can change the Unit ID in HU and HU will find it on a refresh. However as soon as you close HU it reverts back to 01.

Once you fix the switch leave it alone and you can assign any unit ID from there on out.

JR

If you PM me in the next 30 minutes I will more than gladly call you. I just need the cell number. It wont take long to get the "pixie"problems resolved

JR

JR,

THANK YOU THANK YOU... for your help and the chat.

I have my STar working. Still can't get the pixcon 16 working through LOR but I think I might just leave it this year since it's working through e1.31

Now my Arches and window lights on the regular box stopped working.. However I still have control of them in HU. The show will not run them. I didn't change anything and I did check my channels and they are still correct. I checked to make sure the box had power. I moved some cables around to see if that made a difference.

I have my Star plugged into one of my LOR1602Wg3 controllers and each of those controllers are chained and everything is to the HS (red) usb/Ethernet connector.

Edited by Brianc_1978
additional details

• The topic was locked