Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Tree Effects

jroot

Hello Friends. I have a 12 CCR tree. Am I limited to only the Effects Generator in Pixel Editor? Specifically, How can I control 1 CCR at a time and create chases and other effects by ribbon, not just the pre-existing effects. I know this can be done with SuperStar but I'd be surprised if this can't done with PE. I just can't figure out how. Also, I'm not looking to do individual effects only or the Effects Generator only. Ideally I could do both within a single sequence or at worst one or the other per sequence. Thanks

I think the answer is to make a prop with each ribbon individually. Apply the bars effect to one ribbon and you have a chase. Then create a group with all 12 for the whole tree  

This would allow you to do a group of left six/ right six or odd/ even. Lots of possibilities. 

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Just to add to the previous comment...

Each ribbon should be a Matrix-Vertical shape that is 1 string x 50 pixels (tall and narrow). Create the group with all 12 strings and set the group's arrangement setting to "horizontal stack". The group members should be arranged from left to right.

Matt

• Like 1

Thank you both, I'll play with these suggestions tomorrow. Just so I'm clear, your saying I'd need 12 props, each with just 1 ribbon in order to control 1 ribbon at a time?

5 minutes ago, jroot said:

Thank you both, I'll play with these suggestions tomorrow. Just so I'm clear, your saying I'd need 12 props, each with just 1 ribbon in order to control 1 ribbon at a time?

Short answer: yes; That is the easiest way to do it.

Long answer:

Alternatively, you can create masks in a paint program and use the picture effect to load the mask. Then your effect only displays on the unmasked portion.  It works, but can get tedious.

S5 allows you to specify that a motion effect row should only apply to a section of a prop -- creating a motion effect row for each CCR takes only a few mouse clicks. So there is no need to define each CCR as a separate prop.

Matt

Hi Matt or Tony -

Do you know why I can only see my RGB lights when trying to run my show? Everything is set up and ready to go. Hardware finds all units and they test OK. I run a Sequence in SE and get nothing responding in the yard. I run a sequence in PE and I get RGBs working. I enable my show in the control panel and again, only RGBs work. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Some additional info about your setup would be helpful

How many networks? What other controllers do you use? How is everything connected.

Can you connect to the other controllers with the Hardware utility?

One year, I had a problem with the comm port on the very first controller in the daisy chain. No data got to it and therefore no data went downstream. My CCRs (on different networks) were fine but none of the AC powered lights worked.

The things that immediately come to mind are:

In SE do you have "Control Lights" checked? I think it is in the Play menu at the top of the window.

If the LOR control panel is active and a schedule is active I don't think you can control lights is SE until you disable the schedule

A Network config error of some sort

I'll keep an eye out for your response

Good Luck

Tony

• 11 months later...

Well, can't believe I'm responding to this a year later, but don't like that I didn't "close the loop" on this. In case anyone else has the same question, it was nothing more than I need to enable "Control Lights" as Tony recommended. Thanks