Light-O-Rama Forums

Rock Concert in the Garage

bhays

I got all of my dmx fixtures for the show this season mounted on the truss, hooked up and addressed tonight. I played around in the hardware utility console and took a few pictures. No particular scene going on, just had everything on with various gobos/colors/etc. My RGB laser will go in the blank space in the center when I get it back from a friend who is doing some upgrades to it later this week.

Here's the truss with fixtures mounted:
060708a.jpg

Here's everything turned on:
062208dmx1.jpg

062208dmx2.jpg

062208dmx3.jpg

062208dmx4.jpg

062208dmx5.jpg

Let me say, that looks awesome! You must have some nice fixtures there; what a big truss you have! :P

Your plan is to put the truss in front of your house and direct the lights onto the house? Are your fixtures going to be exposed to the weather (are they outdoor rated)?

I just bought the idmx1000 in the sale; I will be starting off small, a couple of American DJ LED DMX starballs. I would love to add some moving heads to my setup... RGB par cans... more... more... more...

No, fixtures will face the viewers. I am working on a three sided weatherproofing cover from emt conduit and plexiglas. Going to take a lot of foggers, but I think I can make it work.

Well, the first thing I am going to sequence this year is the dmx only sequence, using Appalachian Sleighride from TSO..

With any luck, I should have the sequence done and some video in a couple of weeks. Got to get all that stuff put away and out of the garage. I can work on the laser show sequence with just the three lasers and not all the truss and such.

I noticed that you seem to have a nicer floor in your garage than I have in my kitchen! :) Looks cool!

LightORamaDan wrote:

I noticed that you seem to have a nicer floor in your garage than I have in my kitchen! :) Looks cool!

Ask the wife, I live in the garage. It's a product called Race Deck and I love it, snap together tiles...

iresq wrote:

Wow! Your Christmas lighting display is nicer than my DJ lighting setup. Very nice.

The Elation Focus Spots are pretty nice, those Martin RoboScans are older than dirt, but they work for the most part... major difference in brightness, though and no rotating gobos or replaceable gobos...

Too funny!

I set mine up in the basement so the kids could have thier own disco: 48 LOR channels, 2 Light Flurries turned sideways, 2 Intimidator heads, 2 Q-Spot heads, 1 AccuSpot, an Agressor, a bunch of strobes, LED washes and a fogger. (I seriously overbought! Some of this will have to go so I can buy Christmas presents.)

I made a big mistake in buying "Light Tropical" scented fog. The whole house smells like a pina colada.

• The topic was locked