Light-O-Rama Forums

pixel editor doesn't open file correctly

PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE

I added new pixel props this year and want to add them into an existing file.  When I open that file from last year in the pixel editor it is void of any pixel data.  Yet, when I run the program it plays my pixel programming from last year. I have had this problem before with another file.  Any ideas why it does that?  How can it play my pixels when the pixel editor file shows it is void of any pixel programming?  I don't want to have to reprogram ALL of the pixel data just to add a prop. I'm running the 4.3.18 PRO version.

ADDED NOTE:  I see my previews from 2016 have disappeared.  I don't know why, I haven"t deleted anything.  Is that causing this problem?  It imports some preview from another sequence.

The Pixel Editor stores your previews in this file: \Light-O-Rama\PixelEditor\LORPixelEditorData.xml

A backup copy of your preview is stored in each Pixel Editor sequence file (.LPE extension).

When the Pixel Editor opens a sequence, if the preview for that sequence isn't present in the LORPixelEditorData.xml file, then the backup copy in the sequence file is loaded.

After you open a Pixel Editor sequence, have you clicked on the "Props" button above the grid, so see if any props are not displayed?

Matt

Hi Matt,

Looked for that folder and found Light-O-Rama in the Programs (x86) folder but didn't see a sub folder with the name PixelEditor.

I have many sequence programs that run the pixel programs from last year but when I open them in the pixel editor the data is MIA, so I can't edit it or add to it.  I also seem to have other troubles. Sometimes the data is there but doesn't run and I have to double click the effect which opens the effect generator window.  Then if I re-save it it will run that effect again.  Also, sometimes it seems to be a crap shoot when I save the intensity data as to what props will run and won't run.  These are props that are proven and ran before.  I've been saving the same intensity data over and over until I hit a home run and everything runs. I have over10,000 pixel channels and I realize it is a lot.

I know that's a lot to take in but when the pixel editor opens a file void of data I want to scream.  I'm really frightened to try to open files to do pixel edits because I'm never quite sure what the outcome will be.

What type of file is opened in the pixel editor or the file's extension?  I know you just select the .lms file but there must be another associated with it besides the .lms or .lid file.

Thanks for listening

Jim

Edited by PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE
addtional comment

The Light-O-Rama folder I was referencing above is the parent of the Sequences directory (by default it is located under "documents" or "my documents").

If you want more personalized help, feel free to create a ticket with our help desk:

http://helpdesk.lightorama.com/

Matt