Light-O-Rama Forums

No lights during show but Hardware Utility works fine

gwallman1

My usual computer that I run my shows crashed, I've tried 3 alternate computers, loaded the LOR software and my sequences, all the same result - sound works but NO LIGHTS? Lights operate as expected in Hardware Utility but as soon as I initiate a show, only sound and no lights! Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

I am running version v3.10.14 Advanced. Have 4 LOR1602W Light Controllers

Thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, Rick Sellner said:

My usual computer that I run my shows crashed, I've tried 3 alternate computers, loaded the LOR software and my sequences, all the same result - sound works but NO LIGHTS? Lights operate as expected in Hardware Utility but as soon as I initiate a show, only sound and no lights! Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

I am running version v3.10.14 Advanced. Have 4 LOR1602W Light Controllers

Thanks for the help.

In addition to jtomins advice, Use the Network preference utility to reasssign the adapters to the same LOR Networks as before  (match the controller Network assignment)

My REG isCOM14 @ 500K  (RED) Enhance

My Aux A isCOM13 @ 57.6K (black)

Those assignments were what my first PC assigned and were used for some shows. I simply moved the shows, adjusted the assignments (not the shows)

Ok, just to let you all know I am new to this and have never participated in a forum before. Just a little background regarding my display and my issue. My display is an indoor Christmas in the City (New York) Dept 56 with two Lionel trains. About 4 years ago I decided to try and put lights and music in the display and through the magic of LOR I was able to create a display in miniature. In no way does it compare to what you guys do but it brings some smiles to many faces. My theme is "Believe" and I give all the kids an " I Believe" button for their coat when the come to see it. So now you have an idea of my little Christmas world. I am using (1) CTB16 controller and (1) CMB24D controller. I upgraded to the PRO level software this year I believe its S4. When I first built the show I was running the standard software and everything ran smoothly. I upgraded to the PRO S4 in anticipation of adding CCP in fact, I purchased a Pixie2D with LED strips but was unable to integrate them into the display this year. That is now a future project. Now to my problem, I am experiencing the same problem as noted in this thread. When I execute the sequence I get music and no lights. I got steady lights on the controllers and I can energize the lights on the display via the control panels. If I keep opening SE and select a sequence sometimes the lights light and I can run the sequence and any other sequence. I have a total of (5) Also, it seems that this issue surfaced shortly after I installed S4. I have a HP Laptop running Windows 7. I have removed and reinstalled LOR twice with no luck. I am currently trying to setup another laptop that has windows 7 on it as well but I am having trouble getting the HU to identify the Comm port it keeps coming back with an error telling me to select a port??  I have opened many tickets with the LOR helpdesk and those poor guys probably think I'm nuts. Now I'm not as technical as you guys my IT skills regarding PC's are average but I'm persistent and will keep trying. So what do you think? Any thoughts?  

• 9 months later...
On 11/24/2017 at 10:04 PM, default said:

Whatever the outcome please let us know what you find? It maybe helpful for others down the road.

Alan...

As I pulled everything out to begin prep work and testing for this year, it occurred to me I never updated this thread.  Sorry about that!!!

Last year, I ran the show with the old PC that has always been used.  So the show ran without issues in the end.  But I continued to try to diagnose the issues with the used laptop I purchased and had used LOR Help Desk as well.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say how easy the fix was.  Turns out, when they sold me the laptop, they failed to input the Windows license key and therefore, the PC (and perhaps the LOR software?) thought it was a non-genuine or pirated copy of Windows.  Got that resolved with the proper license key, and voila...everything is working now in this year's tests so far!

Thanks again to everyone along the way.  If nothing else, I learned lots of things about the various settings and network preference options within LOR during the process.  That may come in handy at some point in the future.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked